This comment is awesome to see "I saw a 48-page document listing our strategic plan, but I want to distill that down to one page of the four most important ingredients that we need to put in place. We need to do that quickly and with passion."
Strat plans are great if you have unlimited resources but breaking things down to the 'four ingredients' will get things done quicker. For orienteering I suspect the four ingredients would be:
- control descriptions in pre-race packets
- a conference on junior development practices and curriculum
- thickness of wall symbol in ISSOM
- adding a mens and womens 90+ category at COCs.
I'll get cracking on a logo for that.
Hmm, I'll try to think of my Top 4 for Canada plus for either Ontario or a club.
I believe the current O Canada plan is this:
1) Move heaven and earth to achieve Sport Canada Funding
2) Good times