Just catching up on things here. Looks like you've been having lots of fun workin it! Nice work buddy, and thanks for the shout out!
I have to admit, I went into this gym routine with full realization that a gym routine might not be interesting enough after a month or two. But I'm more optimistic now, because:
1) it's such an efficient workout, which makes it more attractive to do. My feelings about running around the neighborhood for 30 minutes are like, "eh, this is sort of like fitness maintenance." So I don't get motivated to go, because 30 minutes of running on its own feels like nothing.
But going to the gym for my routine is like, "fuck yeah, I'm getting [cue Daft Punk] BETTER. FASTER. STRONGER. (work it)" And I get all satisfied with discovering what gets sore the next day.
2) it's about to get dark, cold, and rainy. Good timing for a gym routine.
3) I get to meet with a personal trainer once every 4 weeks to get a new routine! This was a major selling point to me, because instead of showing up and being like, "hmm, what should I do?" or using up all my decision-making energy to come up with something... instead I show up and do what I was told! This helps a lot for motivation factor.
4) The gym is a 7 minute run away, which somehow makes it easier for me to get out the door. There's something about my workout being "somewhere else" and yet very easily accessible that makes it Just Right.
4) They sell dark chocolate milk at the gym.
Thanks for the support!
Nice! Maybe take another estimate on that 700-mile jog to the gym :)
Doh! You're right. It's more like 1.2 minutes per 100 miles; I was rounding down a bit.