The inner edge of the tongue was the problem area on both boots. I cut off the side seam (about 3/8" of material) and a little bit of the lower gusset to get rid of any material that was pressing against the ankle bone. Then I used heavy duty buttonhole thread and an overhand stitch to finish the raw edge. Thank goodness it worked. I couldn't have worn them again. I'm sure I voided any warranty on this pair of boots but I don't care at this point. Other than the tongue issue, the boots are a really great design IMO.
what a great attitude, resourceful too. In the past I probably would have just got mad and returned them, though I am learning.
Well it was sort of a "necessity is the mother of invention" kind of thing since they were warranty replacements -- so no other options really. And I felt fortunate they sent me the new model instead of the old style I had. It all worked out!
wore my FasterKatts v2 today (also warranty replacements) and they got soaked. as in, i was pouring water out of them after taking them off! i am jealous of the japanthers!
Ugg, not fun. Especially when the water is icy cold to begin with!