ROC is undertaking an effort to improve our web site. We have this list of desires:
Website - organization pages, event pages, etc.
- Links - Appropriate other websites, ousa, clubs, sponsors, meetup, fb, attackpoint
- Intro - What is orienteering, basic tips
- BOD - meeting minutes, member reports, position openings, pictures and bios
- Results - past, current, permanent course, temporary course
- Permanent Course/Training - ability to buy/download courses, training maps, seasonal courses, member courses
Membership - join/renew membership, login, private member-only pages, member contact functions (mailing and email lists).
- Mailing list(s) for non-members "interested in" club activities / specific events.
Payments - For membership, events, swag.
Schedule - easy to read, links to location, signup, description of
event, volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers - job descriptions, sign-up for upcoming meets, mailing list.
And it would be helpful to know who uses what - does your club's website do all of these things? Is it a repeatable setup?
If you could respond back to me - stylock at gmail.com
- I will build a spreadsheet with the information I receive.
I don't know what to ask for yet, but let's start with talking about:
Hosted Service / Hosted Site / Custom
[Service = someone defined it all and you filled in the information, Site = you built the site on someone's web service, Custom = you built the entire thing on a server / virtual server and run it all]
website software? (if you know)
drupal, wordpress, etc
does the site support your club membership? (guess you'll have to describe how)
private (member) pages / content?
Events, Membership, Items?
Pages for local and national events, registration, payment?
And - would you recommend your setup / environment?
And also - do you think your setup / environment can be reasonably cloned?
If you have separate platforms for these, please list them (we have a website on google, payments through paypal, events through eventbrite, etc).
If you can identify other features that you have (or would want), please also send that along.
From AP, this thread is from 2013:
And an older discussion of hosting platforms:
I'll tip my hand and say I'm very interested in a hosted site like http://www.wildapricot.com/