The Junior National and JWOC teams are doing the control challenge fundraiser again this year.
Here are the rules:
Rules for the challengers:
1. Each control costs $2
2. You may challenge multiple athletes any number of controls. You donate based on the athletes who meet their total challenge number by May 31st 2016.
3. Multiple challengers can challenge one athlete. The athlete must hit the total number of controls challenged by May 31st for any of the challengers to donate.
4. Once an athlete has been challenged 300 controls they cannot be challenged any more. Another athlete who has less than 300 can be challenged.
5. Rather than challenge an individual athlete a challenger may challenge the team. The team consists of all JNT and JWOC team athletes combined. The athlete’s individual totals combine to make the team total. (Note Individual athletes do not have to meet their individual challenge plus the team challenge they are considered one) The team can be challenge up to 5000 controls. The team must hit the total number of controls for all the team challengers to donate.
Rules for the athletes:
1. Controls cannot be double counted. This includes going to the same control twice on a course.
2. Start and finish do not count as controls.
3. A control is considered a feature, streamer, or an O flag depending on the training or race.
4. The map must be posted or linked to the athletes AP log to count.
5. All maps must be posted by 11:59pm on May 31st to count. This deadline is relative to athlete’s time zone.
6. Athletes must hit their combined total of challenged controls by May 31st for it to count.
7. The team must hit their combined total of challenged controls by May 31st for it to count.
Athletes on the list to challenge
Our goal is every athlete gets challenged 150 controls! Let the challenges begin!!