Thanks for sharing your race highlights. It sure looked like a tough one and the weather wasn't perfect either. It was so much fun to watch and cheer for your wee dot. After crushing all those mountains, you will be super strong once you've recovered!
- making cutoffs within seconds only to decide - nah we're good with avoiding that section (twice!).
- screaming wrists from the descents (I still don't have full function); stopping on descents to shake them out
- thinking puking might make you climb faster
- broken bike frame splinted by a plastic tow system
- thinking the airport shuttle was a small minivan only to realize it also included a cargo van but drove by race staff who slept in 90mins late.
...and the highlight:
- race staff leaving our non-waterproof TA bags in the POURING RAIN/HAIL when there was shelter 10 feet away, soaking every item.
How did I forget those?! I'm still a bit sore on the rain/bike box/personal bag TA
-being denied by virtually every cab driver in Barcelona
-ballin' neon hats
-kicking a found SI off the cliff
-comin' in like it's hot (the only method of biking)
Ha, I totally forgot about trashing the SI joke. Of course, that was after another classic Raid Aran moment "riding on wet cement" (uphill; of course).
Very few moments without something memorable happening.