Register | Login
Attackpoint - performance and training tools for orienteering athletes

Discussion: TUE

in: acjospe; acjospe > 2017-04-01

Apr 4, 2017 10:04 AM # 
you will need one to cover use of Prednisone.
your use is legitimate but you need a TUE to confirm this and allow you to compete
Apr 4, 2017 11:25 AM # 
I'm retired from international competition at this point. But I should probably get one anyway. I guess talking to our WADA contact lady to find out the method is the first thing to do?
Apr 4, 2017 11:26 AM # 
Apr 4, 2017 11:27 AM # 
thanks Cristina!
Apr 4, 2017 11:30 AM # 
I think you would technically want to have it if you're competing in any national champs races. Given the number of those we have in the US you never know when the race you're doing is going to end up being the national championship. It's best to be safe and cover your bases. Just in case.
Apr 4, 2017 1:40 PM # 
Oral prednisone is only prohibited in competition.
Apr 4, 2017 2:11 PM # 
Assuming Alex is going to compete in F21 at US Champs events (or a WRE or a NAOC) then she should technically have a TUE even way between the competitions. Also, there's the "oops, I just raced in a US Champs" scenario.
Apr 4, 2017 11:26 PM # 
Well, shit, you're right.

This discussion thread is closed.