They have a faulty oven. Pr much what happened is that two girls got up early, smelt gas when eating breakfast, checked the oven and it was fine (apparently its played up before), they went off to uni, about two hours later another girl got up, and ate breakfast, the smoke alarm went off, she checked the oven and the rest of the house, didn't see anything sus so took the battery out so it would stop, she went back to her room, and 2 minutes later the smoke alarm in the hallway went off, she poked her out to see what was going on and the kitchen at that point the fire in the kitchen was going strong! Only one guy in the flat was asleep at the time so she woke him up. They are all okay. The lounge, kitchen and conservatory are non existent, and the rooms had a lot of smoke damage but i think most of their stuff was salvageable.
Yeah, definitely not ideal