Orienteering Canada’s High Performance Committee is seeking applications from athletes to become members of the 2019 High Performance Program (HPP).
All athletes who meet the eligibility requirements and who have a strong desire to improve their abilities with a long or short term goal of representing Canada in orienteering are encouraged to apply to the HPP. Those wishing to compete in the Junior World Orienteering Championships, World Orienteering Championships, or World Cups are required to be members of the HPP. Membership is from December 1, 2018 to November 30, 2019. There is a fee of $100 to join the 2019 HPP.
In order to be accepted to the HPP, athletes must:
● be at the Learn To Compete , Train To Compete , or Train To Win stages of Orienteering Canada’s LTAD model,
● have competitive results in M/W17-18, M/W19-20 or M/W21E at major national and/or international events,
● develop a training plan, in conjunction with an HPP Coach, that targets the physical, technical, tactical and mental aspects of orienteering
● be prepared to put in the required training to compete at or near an international level in accordance with the above mentioned training plan,
● demonstrate a desire to represent Canada in international competition,
● have orienteering training as a main focus, and
● successfully complete the HPP application process
More information and complete details about the application process are in the 2019 Athlete Handbook which is now available on the High Performance Program page
. Questions can be emailed to hpp[at]orienteering[dot]ca