Sounds bad. Hope you can still move enough to get out.
Cracked rib? Just in case, pop a few Vitamin I's to reduce inflammation. And Ice the area...which I'm sure you're already doing. As walk says....Bummer! Here's a few other suggestions from the internet:
In most cases, fractured ribs usually heal on their own in one or two months. Pain relievers can make it easier to breathe deeply.
- Take a break from sports to allow yourself to heal without hurting yourself again.
- Put ice on the area to relieve pain.
- Take pain medicine like acetaminophen or ibuprofen. ...
- Take deep breaths to avoid pneumonia. ...
- Don't wrap anything tightly around your ribs while they're healing
Dont wrap anything around ribs while they are healing? How you supposed to run then?
You walk (or hold your side if you choose to run).
Hope you heal quickly, Charlie!
Also, don't laugh, don't cough, and especially don't sneeze!
I have taken some good pain meds and plan to walk lightly if I can tomorrow!
Sorry to see you get hurt, Charlie. Good luck with your plan to walk. You are a tough old goat and will probably beat a lot of people just walking.
Last place except for the MP’s
Ha ha! DFL? Get used to it! At least you completed the course today without falling or MPs!