As we noted in our last update, with the incredible pace of news right now, we've been evaluating and reevaluating plans for the Crooked Compass all week. And as we've continued to observe the Covid-19 pandemic unfold, we have reached the decision that it's in everyone's best interest to postpone the event.
As many of you are no doubt aware, the states of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut have all declared variations of shelter-in-place mandates. Our own city, Philadelphia, just announced that such enforcement will begin tomorrow morning, and we expect other states and municipalities to follow suit. By the time we get to the week of the event, we anticipate that many people won't be allowed to travel to the race site.
Our hope is that the warmer weather will offer some reprieve and that the park will allow us to reschedule for this upcoming summer. We will keep you all updated on those details as they take shape.
We hope you might consider sticking with the race and your registration for now and send good thoughts that we can reschedule and that you will be able to attend. Of course, if you want a credit or refund - either immediately or if the rescheduled date won't work in your schedule - we can process that. The refund will be the total that you paid for race registration, less $8 for expenses. We will be sending an email through RunSignUp shortly to gather that information.
In the meantime, we know folks are eager to get outside and retain some sense of normalcy in their lives. To that end, we're almost done laying out an informal and asynchronous bike-o adventure in Philly. For those who are local to the area, keep an eye out - we'll be sending info soon.
Wishing you all a peaceful spring, with lots of time in (your local) woods,
Abby and Brent