Register | Login
Attackpoint - performance and training tools for orienteering athletes

Discussion: SHots

in: Becks; Becks > 2020-03-29

Mar 29, 2020 5:08 PM # 
or there'll be an epidemic of childhood whatever to deal with.
If social distancing is the right thing to do then so are shots
Mar 29, 2020 5:54 PM # 
They are all boosters - he's had at least two goes of everything he'd get next week already, 3 of some.
Mar 29, 2020 6:09 PM # 
What are the recommended intervals on the boosters? Is a month a significant fraction of that interval? Maybe just a call to the physician's office to ask for a recommendation. They may not want you in there anyway.

Are you doing testing work in the lab now?
Mar 29, 2020 6:21 PM # 
Nope, the testing is being held up by bureaucracy of course!

It's 2,4,6 then 12 months for most of these, so it is quite a significant fraction. As of last week they had two clean locations and three sick locations and we can change to a clean location. For some friends who've already had them at other places fully gowned staff escorted them straight to a room so no need to touch anything. That sounds pretty good to me. But without testing we still don't know if the kid who was in before us is an asymptomatic carrier. So I'm still concerned.

I've taken no risks at all - we're getting food from a local CSA and we're disinfecting everything that comes into the house, we're staying the appropriate distance from out neighbors. This seems like a big risk at a bad time to take it.
Mar 29, 2020 7:22 PM # 
Our place is recommending coming in anyway. They sent around a message with their procedures and they suggested explicitly for vaccines that it's better to get them; the risk is small, they are spacing patients out, etc. Maybe call the office if you are worried. When things start up again, if MA is like CT you have to be current with immunizations to be enrolled; it would be annoying to not be able to have him go back to day care because you can't get an appointment then )or they can't do them all at once, or something else, etc)
Mar 29, 2020 8:23 PM # 
MA is unfortunately not like CT - they were in the process of trying to make it happen when all this kicked off. We know there are two unvaccinated kids at our daycare though so we are very keen that he has all his on schedule. If our daycare makes it, the close down was pretty much on their first anniversary. If they don’t make it we’re pretty much stuck as waitlists here are insane.

I’ll ask about their procedures tomorrow when I call to switch him to a well location and see what they are.

Please login to add a message.