Would love to hear what provoked you. I'm sure the stories would be entertaining. :-P
1. Early in the pandemic a 70 something scolded me as we descended a single track from Blue lake/Mt. Sneffels. She told me it was pointless myself and my children wear masks outdoors. She didn't like it when I 'high fived' my then 10 year old, after she'd shouted to me "hey dad....you just hear what that Karen just said". I then pointed out that we were wearing the masks for her benefit. Not ours. She didn't like what she'd heard.
2. Had a disagreement with my neighbour. She has a habit of writing inappropriate emails to all. I sternly told her to knock it off. Since then things have improved. I was extremely impressed by her conduct following our other neighbour's suicide.
3. Can't disclose as I had to get a lawyer involved. But a very favourable outcome occurred.
4. Up at Priest Lake Nordic I was singled out to make a donation for trail maintenance. If you're going to ask "Have you donated??" then you're obviously going to get a hostile response. Because I'm either cheating the system or you're questioning my ethics/membership. It went awkwardly south. It was embarrassing for the other four that witnessed the conversation. (Yes... I'm a member. And I told her. Polite-ishly)
Finally...5. So yesterday, I was climbing up a 50m slope and catching a lady skinning up on the left. I was certain I thought she'd seen me approach as my climb merged with her trail and definitely heard me clattering up (there was no glide). As I overtook, she began to lecture me on trail etiquette...loudly. I politely greeted her and skated off. 30mins later I caught her again. Now if she'd politely told me I'd startled her I'd have called "on yer right" and apologised. But she hadn't. So I once again caught and overtook her. She became unglued. I stopped, flashed her a smile, swore at her. Asked her if she was always so rude and uncivil and skated away as the hot mess turned into something you'd see in Tonga or Sumatra.
And there you have it Brooke. How to make friends and influence people. The Danny "I'm an Arsehole" O'Callaghan way. I always live by the motto "Manners cost Nowt (Nothing)". If you're looking for conflict or wish to be rude, don't worry. I'll put you straight.
As predicted...very entertaining. I'm laughing!
Maybe your reader base could chip in for a GoPro that you will be required to wear so that we can have video.
I'll chip in.
I'd also like to hear more about the toy train sound-guy. I've got a friend who did some work with that company some years ago.
I like the "beastbanter" sound on this train video:https://youtu.be/CzKk-6V23Qg
1. The Go Pro is a none starter. I'd be like those crazies videoing themselves melting down over wearing masks in hospitals etc.
2. I'm still shaking my head laughing at that train conversation. It's just madness. He's obviously smashing it cos he live's right in the heart of town. I asked the lad if there's such a thing as a model Bullet Train. He said "yep. The Japanese rent out huge conference centres. Snap special track down and ....."
I was creased. As soon as the train's started it'd stop. How would it take a turn without derailing? I didn't have time to ask if the track was magnetised.
I didn't think about cattle/livestock sounds. That's another question if I see him again.
Yep, after 55, or even 50+, they are acting like that. There is no escape, and no hope--it's just pure bio-chemistry ...