The IOF Council has approved the new edition of Competition Rules for IOF MTB Orienteering Events
. These rules become effective on January 1, 2012.
From the last page of the new rules:
Significant changes to the previous version (January 2010)
These rules represent a revision of the 2010 rules. Significant changes are noted below.
• Abbreviations changed i.e. WMTBOC, JWMTBOC, WMMTBOC
• 1.1 Definition of orienteering rewritten.
• 1.2 New definition for individual interval start races.
• 1.3 New definition for mass and chasing start races. Subsequent rules renumbered.
• 1.6 Reference to full membership of IOF removed (following removal of the associate membership category)
• 1.15 Definition of Event Adviser
• 3.8 New WMMTBOC programme
• 3.7 JWMTBOC now to be organised with WMTBOC
• 4.5 4.6 4.7 Application dates changed to 1st January, decision dates to 31 October and maximum time for contract signing to 6 months
• 12.5 WCup added and wording clarified
• 15.4 Maps shall be printed on water-resistant paper.
• 16.8 WMMTBOC added.
• 16.9 Rule changed to give JWOC winning times
• 21.5 Start numbers shall reflect the starting order in each race.
• 25.15 WMMTBOC prizes for each format
• 26.13 Split into two rules – one concerning safety and the other concerning fairness.
• 31.8 Extra point – to approve the official results.
• Appendix 8 European Championship Rules slightly revised