The mixer relay course for Friday night is designed and will have the following basic rules:
* 3-person teams
* Manual punching, the punchcard is the relay baton
* 18 controls, each runner gets 6
* Each runner is required to get 2 controls from 1-6, and 4 controls from 7-18 (this will make more sense when you see the map). Otherwise you can take them in any order that you wish!
There will be time bonuses depending on how mixed up your team is.
* 1 minute time bonus if your team has at least one male and female.
* 1 minute time bonus if your team has at least one JROTC student and one non-JROTC student.
* 1 minute time bonus if your team has two different states/provinces represented
* 1 additional minute time bonus if your team has three different states/provinces represented
* 1 minute time bonus if the difference in age between the oldest and youngest member is 20+ years
* 1 additional minute time bonus if the difference in age between the oldest and youngest member is 40+ years
It's entirely possible to have team earn all 6 time bonuses!
Good luck mixing it up!
Agreed, very cool idea! Excited to see how it turns out!
Boris, have you ever noticed that our usernames seem to take up almost exactly the same space even though yours is only 7 letters and mine is 8? I have more skinny letters.
Sounds like a great idea! Do let us know how it turns out, I might want to try something similar around here.
Sounds like fun. Have a great time.
Cristina - you need to get out more.
Christina - it's fortunate that you chose to drop that silent fat "h" a while ago.
What about results from today???
EDITED: Saturday's sprint relay results
per note below (also from the COC website
). Sunday's results aren't posted yet.
Janet, those results are from the sprint relay, not the mixer. The sprint relay had a LOT of team changes in the last hour, so several ate classified incorrectly. We'll get those straightened out eventually.
The mixer relay is all manual cards, and it'll take some handwriting deciphering before those results make it.
Day 1 and 2 results are probably going to be up soon, with team results to follow.
ISV: Francis Marion
CascadeOC swept the club categories.
ICV: Keith Anderson and Hannah Burgess
ICJV: don't remember and Victoria Emerson
ISV: Mathew Rogers and Meg Parson
ISJV: Devon Grove and Melissa Newbry
ISI: don't remember
ISP: don't remember (Yula Stehling, maybe?)
Thanks Patrick. I fixed my link name so future readers aren't confused.
I find it rather curious there's hardly a mention of the event from the Cascade website. I would think A-meets merit a link from the home page, at least while the event is happening.
Something must have happened with the 'news feed' portion of the website, because there was a news item, with photos and links about the event, on the front page and 'news' section of the site. It put it on the front page on February 19, it was there as recently as Wednesday, but I don't see it now, and the 'news' section of our site is mysteriously empty.
Sorry about that. I can live with that mistake, though.
Who hosts your site, Patrick? RMOC's host (ICDSoft.com) did a PHP upgrade recently that broke parts of our Joomla-driven site. I suppose it's highly unlikely that your have the same host, but something like that could be the explanation.