Elverson, PA, US
Jun 12, 2016
Type: Orienteering - Local
added by: ken
Summer meeting and picnic.
Relay- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
The event will be a relay, with three legs, run according to the US Relay Champs points system to determine time “bonuses” for runners.
Those rules are:
1. Ages 17-20 or 35-49 receives 1 point
2. Ages 15, 16 or 50-59 receives 2 points
3. Under 15 years of age or 60 and older receives 3 points
4. A female orienteer receives 2 points, in addition to any age points.
5. [ex. 15-year old female = 4 points; 47 year old male = 1 point; 23 year old male = 0 points]
Each point is worth a 4 minute deduction from the time taken on a leg.
So, a team of a M18, an M21, and a F65 would have (1 x 4) + (0 x 4) + (5 x 4) = 24 minutes subtracted from their total time. And so forth.
You are welcome to run the relay as an individual or a team of two, but the same point system applies.
There are three courses: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced, as follows:
• Beginner: 2.6K, 11 controls (White)
• Intermediate: 3.2K, 9 controls (Orange)
• Advanced: 4.3K, 12 controls (Brown/Green)
Some of the courses may have “forking”, .So, following is OK—but pay attention!
The event will be a mass start, at 11 AM. Teams will do the legs in random order. In other words, at "go" some runners will be on Beginner, some Intermediate, and some Advanced. The teams will be given their packet of maps before the start, in the order they will run.
Summer picnic to follow. Bring a covered dish and enjoy a great day at the Crow's Nest Preserve!
|82 days ago|
Sign in to add this to your calendar
|Apr 30||SVO Lancaster County Central Park|
|May 1||DVOA Rodney Scout Reservation|
|May 7||DVOA French Creek State Park Central|
|May 14||DVOA Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education|
|May 22||DVOA Pakim Pond, Brendan Byrne State Forest|
|Jun 4||DVOA Pocono Environmental Education Center|
|Jun 5||DVOA Rogaine Pocono Environmental Education Center|
|Jun 26||Run for the Ages - Age-graded chasing start 10k trail race|
|Jul 10||DVOA Star Village|
|Jul 17||DVOA French Creek State Park North|