In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Orienteering||1|| 3:15:00|
| ||Running||3|| 1:35:02|| 10.89|| 17.52|| 131|
| ||Total||4|| 4:50:02|| 10.89|| 17.52|| 131|
Running 38:30  8.0 km (4:49 / km) +62m 4:38 / km
Modified Old Reliable before the kids woke up.
Just me and the chickadees before passing a mallard rave (probably 300 deep) at the north end of Grenadier Pond.
Then I had to close my eyes and tip toe around a voyeuristic raccoon couple in the middle of the trail 50 metres north...(probably coming home from the epic duck rave.)
Orienteering 3:15:00 
- Ambition can sometimes be pretty toxic.
- A stupid is as stupid does.
These are the themes for Dave and I at this year's Snowshoe Raid.
I figured we'd be able to clear the course, so our route choice took us into the Matrix right after our ascent up the hill. I was under the impression that clearing the Matrix was a compulsory part of the course, (or at least a large incentive).
Either way, in my silly misinformed brain we weren't returning to the finish without clearing that Matrix. I thought I found a cheeky way to clear it, with plans to dip back in for 1 CP on the way home.
What a waste.
Not only did we eat up time running to lower point total CP's, we ended up doing most of them together - I minimized the difficulty of one control that Dave (3rd navigation race) was tasked to get.
After all this, it was impossible to clear all the hefty point total CP's in the west part of the course.
Coupled with some terrible control circle errors by myself - we were checkmated.
- We were alone 80% of the race. Good training.
- Dave was beastly.
- Know the rules before racing.
- Bring a ruler.
- Make sure to clear high point total CP's - the rest are gravy.
Awesome course. Amazing turnout. Beautiful forest. Lovely day!
Running (Cool down) 15:00 
Running 41:32  9.52 km (4:22 / km) +69m 4:13 / km
Damp Old Reliable in the cold November rain.
High Park snow levels = slim pickings.
- Feb 5 [2w, 0d]: ? - Stars W.A.R. (Winter Adventure Race)
- Mar 4 [5w, 6d]: Y - The Eliminator Adventure Run
- Apr 22 [12w, 6d]: ? - West Point National Meet
- Apr 28 [13w, 5d]: ? - USA WOC/JWOC Team Trials
- May 7 [15w, 0d]: ? - Billygoat 2017
- Jun 8 [19w, 4d]: ? - 2017 Boston Sprint Camp
- Jun 23 [21w, 5d]: ? - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships
- Aug 3 [27w, 4d]: Y - Canadian Championships Sprint
- Aug 5 [27w, 6d]: Y - Canadian Championships Middle
- Aug 6 [28w, 0d]: Y - Canadian Championships Long
all weeks |