In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||walking||2|| 2:49:00|| 7.3|| 11.75||2c|
| ||orienteering||2|| 2:02:50|| 5.84||(21:02)|| 9.4||(13:04)|| 210||43c|
| ||trail running||1|| 8:00|
| ||Total||4|| 4:59:50|| 13.14|| 21.15|| 210||45c|
|averages - weight:165.5lbs|
trail running 8:00  *
weight:165lbs shoes: Icebug Spirit OLX
Mounds SRA. Union County orienteering practice. Kids ran courses (yellow or white) from day 2 of 2014 US Interscholastic Champs.
10 students present, 5 HS, 5 MS.
set streamers for the yellow course and jpreeder
set streamers for the white.
orienteering race 13:09  *** 1.2 km (10:57 / km)
7c weight:165lbs shoes: Icebug Spirit OLX
OLOU Waverly Park Sprint - short.
Map could use some improvement. I quickly discovered that trails could not be relied upon. Both maps claimed to be 1:4000 scale, but they were clearly significantly different from each other. It remains uncertain whether either was actually 1:4000. If the north lines are 250 meters apart, then the long map is very close to 1:4000; the short one appears to be somewhere around 1:2500. Regardless of the shortcomings, I still had fun.
Getting back home proved to be an entertaining exercise in off-interstate route choice - on the way down to the meet I had observed the aftermath of a major accident and at least two significant secondary crashes in the eight or ten mile backup on the northbound side. A long section was still seriously backed up when I started home, but I managed to get around it without too much lost time.
orienteering race 20:37  *** 2.2 km (9:22 / km)
16c shoes: Icebug Spirit OLX
OLOU Waverly Park Sprint - long
walking 10:00  *
Setting cameras at 2 controls, setting up sign to start, turning on strobes at the "runners crossing" signs.
orienteering race 1:29:04  *** 6.0 km (14:51 / km) +210m 12:38 / km
20c shoes: Icebug 2016
Red course at Big Bone Lick State Park. Pleasantly warm (short sleeve shirt for running), but very wet and sloppy conditions. Muddy pants above the knees before I reached the second control.
walking 2:39:00  7.3 mi (21:47 / mi)
weight:166lbs shoes: Icebug Spirit OLX
Portion of the Adena Trace Trail, south from the causeway, out and back.
- Feb 4 [1w, 4d]: Y - OCIN TROL #9 - Camp Friedlander
- Feb 5 [1w, 5d]: ? - OLOU Winter Sprint Series #7 and #8
- Feb 19 [3w, 5d]: ? - OLOU Winter Sprint Series #10 and #11
- Feb 25 [4w, 4d]: ? - OLOU - Bernheim Forest Orienteering
- Mar 4 [5w, 4d]: Y - US Interscholastic and Intercollegiate Championships
- Mar 18 [7w, 4d]: ? - LAOC Camp Scherman National Meet
- Mar 25 [8w, 4d]: ? - BAOC: O in the Oaks 2017
- Apr 7 [10w, 3d]: Y - OCIN Flying Pig XXI Event Director
- Apr 19 [12w, 1d]: ? - Middle Earth Championships
- Apr 22 [12w, 4d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2017
- Apr 28 [13w, 3d]: ? - USA WOC/JWOC Team Trials
- May 20 [16w, 4d]: ? - OLOU - The Mad Otter 2017
- Jun 23 [21w, 3d]: ? - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships
- Jun 28 [22w, 1d]: ? - Arctic Midnight Orienteering 2017
- Jul 22 [25w, 4d]: ? - O-Ringen
- Jul 29 [26w, 4d]: ? - Canada 150 Orienteering Festival
- Jul 30 [26w, 5d]: ? - 2017 Scottish 6 Days, Royal Deeside
- Aug 18 [29w, 3d]: ? - World Rogaine Championships 2017 unlikely
- Aug 21 [29w, 6d]: ? - Go Wild! Eclipse 4 hr, 8 hr
- Oct 14 [37w, 4d]: ? - UNO Boulder Dash
- Nov 4 [40w, 4d]: ? - DVOA Mount Penn - Antietam
- Nov 5 [40w, 5d]: ? - DVOA Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation
- Jul 6, 2018 [75w, 3d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2018
- Jul 1, 2019 [126w, 6d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2019
all weeks |