In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||orienteering||4|| 8:52:30|| 7.33|| 11.8|| 220||128c|
| ||mapping - field checking||1|| 1:00:00|
| ||walking||1|| 20:00||10c|
| ||Total||4|| 10:12:30|| 7.33|| 11.8|| 220||138c|
|averages - weight:161.4lbs|
Union County O Training. Took kids to Miami Western Woods and ran the course from TROL meet a week ago Sunday. 10 kids present (5 HS, 5 MS). They ran the orange course from the TROL meet a week ago Sunday. Dylan ran ahead and put streamers at the first 7 controls; Alex streamered 8 to 17. The other kids started behind Dylan at 1 minute intervals. Sky shadowed a 6th grader who hasn't been able to come to practice since we started going off school grounds, and they did about half the controls. Jamie and Mahlon completed the course; Priscilla got all but 1 or 2. Braydon, Izzy and Noa cut short the last 7 or so. We only had about 45 minutes for a 3.4 km course, so I figured it would be tough for most to finish.
A couple of the kids found a bong on a bench right alongside the main trail!
walking 20:00  *
setting final controls and camera at Pyramid Hill.
orienteering race 1:15:57  *** 6.6 km (11:30 / km)
26c shoes: Icebug 2016
Orunner's red course at Pyramid Hill. Forgot to bring orienteering clothes (I was event day director and had a full van of event equipment to deal with), so I had to run in jeans. At least I had my Icebug shoes. Fun race. Some beautiful open forest, alternated with dense green honeysuckle. A stray dog ran along with me for a few controls, annoyingly tripping me a couple times. (the dog lives near the park and according to park employees is a frequent visitor and knows its way around ... But it seemed to enjoy the company of orienteers and especially the rather unusual spectacle of people running through the woods).
orienteering race 1:06:33  *** 5.2 km (12:48 / km) +220m 10:34 / km
OLOU Green course at Taylorsville Lake.
orienteering 3:30:00  **
Setting controls at Pyramid Hill
orienteering 3:00:00  ***
Checking control locations.
mapping - field checking 1:00:00  ***
Minor map updates
- Dec 10 [0w, 4d]: Y - OCIN TROL #4 - Sebald Park
- Dec 17 [1w, 4d]: Y - OCIN TROL #5 - Forest Run
- Dec 31 [3w, 4d]: Y - OCIN New Year's 2017
- Jan 13, 2017 [5w, 3d]: Y - GNC 2017 :: Georgia Navigator Cup
- Mar 4, 2017 [12w, 4d]: Y - US Interscholastic and Intercollegiate Championships
- Mar 25, 2017 [15w, 4d]: ? - BAOC: O in the Oaks 2017
- Apr 7, 2017 [17w, 3d]: Y - OCIN Flying Pig XXI Event Director
- Apr 22, 2017 [19w, 4d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2017
- Jun 23, 2017 [28w, 3d]: ? - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships
- Jun 28, 2017 [29w, 1d]: ? - Arctic Midnight Orienteering 2017
- Jul 22, 2017 [32w, 4d]: ? - O-Ringen
- Jul 30, 2017 [33w, 5d]: ? - 2017 Scottish 6 Days, Royal Deeside
- Aug 21, 2017 [36w, 6d]: ? - Go Wild! Eclipse 4 hr, 8 hr
- Jul 1, 2019 [133w, 6d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2019
all weeks |