In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||orienteering||4|| 6:12:34|| 5.72|| 9.21|| 250||42c|
| ||mapping - field checking||1|| 1:00:00|
| ||bicycling - road||1|| 40:00|| 6.0||(6:40)|| 9.66||(4:09)|
| ||walking||2|| 30:00|| 1.0|| 1.61||2c|
| ||road running||1|| 12:00|| 1.2||(10:00)|| 1.93||(6:13)|
| ||Total||4|| 8:34:34|| 13.92|| 22.41|| 250||44c|
orienteering 1:20:00  **
Union County O practice at Garr Hill.
Alex, Jamie, Jordan and mpage did the brown course. Assignment was for one to navigate each leg and others to follow. Noa, Izzy, Priscilla and I did most of the orange course but skipped 4 controls; orange ran pretty much parallel to brown, and we all ended up arriving at the third control from the end simultaneously, with a race to the final two controls and the finish ensuing.
walking 10:00  *
Setting 2 final controls, start, and finish.
orienteering race 1:32:34  *** 7.6 km (12:11 / km) +250m 10:28 / km
13c shoes: Icebug Spirit OLX
Red course set by depot
at Garr Hill.
orienteering 40:00  ** 1.0 mi (40:01 / mi)
6c shoes: Icebug Spirit OLX
Picking up controls and cameras.
orienteering 40:00  **
Setting controls and cameras at Garr Hill.
bicycling - road 40:00  6.0 mi (6:40 / mi)
twice up the hill at Garr Hill, once carrying 8 control stands and accessories; a second time with 2 gallons of water and cups, trash bags, etc. Had just started the first trip when I took the first spill I've had on the bike in a long time - got some minor road rash on my elbow and shoulder. Made the mistake of reaching down to secure a water bottle that was trying to escape, while crossing what looked like just another crack in the road, except this one had a several cm bump, which was enough to throw my control enough that the one hand still on the bars couldn't recover. Oh well, I have done worse. And nothing like the stories of Michael Shermer
orienteering 2:00:00  ***
Setting controls and water at Garr Hill.
mapping - field checking 1:00:00  ***
a few more map updates.
walking 20:00  1.0 mi (20:00 / mi)
carrying 10 control stands
road running 12:00  1.2 mi (10:00 / mi)
mostly road and a couple hundred meters of woods. Hustling back to the car to do a quick change and rush off to the concert at the middle school, then meeting depot
at Pizza King to go over the latest map changes and control location tweaks.
- Mar 4 [0w, 4d]: Y - US Interscholastic and Intercollegiate Championships
- Mar 18 [2w, 4d]: ? - LAOC Camp Scherman National Meet
- Mar 22 [3w, 1d]: ? - BAOC: Morgan Territory Training Event
- Mar 25 [3w, 4d]: ? - BAOC: O in the Oaks 2017
- Apr 7 [5w, 3d]: Y - OCIN Flying Pig XXI Event Director
- Apr 19 [7w, 1d]: ? - Middle Earth Championships
- Apr 22 [7w, 4d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2017
- Apr 22 [7w, 4d]: ? - West Point National Meet
- Apr 28 [8w, 3d]: ? - USA & Canada - WOC/JWOC Team Trials
- May 20 [11w, 4d]: ? - OLOU - The Mad Otter 2017
- Jun 8 [14w, 2d]: ? - 2017 Boston Sprint Camp probably conflicts with TJOC and or GOAT camps
- Jun 23 [16w, 3d]: ? - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships
- Jun 28 [17w, 1d]: ? - Arctic Midnight Orienteering 2017
- Jul 9 [18w, 5d]: ? - Fin5 and JWOC
- Jul 22 [20w, 4d]: ? - O-Ringen
- Jul 29 [21w, 4d]: ? - Canada 150 Orienteering Festival
- Jul 30 [21w, 5d]: ? - 2017 Scottish 6 Days, Royal Deeside
- Aug 18 [24w, 3d]: ? - World Rogaine Championships 2017 unlikely
- Aug 21 [24w, 6d]: ? - Go Wild! Eclipse 4 hr, 8 hr
- Aug 26 [25w, 4d]: ? - BFLO: The Ellicottville Adventure Run and Hike(mini-Rogaine)
- Aug 26 [25w, 4d]: Y - OCIN - St Patrick's Park
- Oct 14 [32w, 4d]: ? - UNO Boulder Dash
- Nov 4 [35w, 4d]: ? - DVOA National Event Day 1
- Nov 5 [35w, 5d]: ? - DVOA Mount Penn - Antietam
- Jul 6, 2018 [70w, 3d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2018
- Jul 1, 2019 [121w, 6d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2019
all weeks |