In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Cross-Training||4|| 2:40:00|
| ||PT||3|| 1:20:00|
| ||Running||1|| 30:00|| 2.5||(12:00)|| 4.02||(7:27)|
| ||Total||5|| 4:30:00|| 2.5|| 4.02|
Cross-Training 50:00 
Couldn't sleep, so got up to go to the gym at 4:30. Nice to get an early start on the day.
Cross-Training 35:00 
Elliptical. Watched the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Early morning television leaves much to be desired...
PT 25:00 
Did my exercises after the elliptical.
Cross-Training 45:00 
Elliptical at the gym at home in the morning.
PT 30:00 
Went to see Robert today and seem to have leveled up. My squats on the Bosu now involve a medicine ball. Seems like progress.
Cross-Training 30:00 
Elliptical at lunchtime at work. I missed several days last week because of illness, but am gradually coming back to the now-familiar routine of elliptical and PT.
PT 25:00 
PT, plus a bunch of stretching, as my body has forgotten what running feels like.
As many people know, this past weekend was the retreat for the OUSA Board of Directors. We spent all day Saturday and more than half the day Sunday talking, getting to know each other, and learning about how the federation runs and where we might be interested in taking it. It was a great educational experience, and the fact that all 12 board members were present speaks volumes to the levels of energy and engagement that I saw around me all weekend.
Barb posted a good summary of what we talked about to Board Net, but to summarize, we listened to presentations on the following:
- OUSA's mission statement and what we'd like to see five years from now
- A detailed report about the federation's finances, including the distinction between restricted, non-restricted, and Board-designated funds, and Team accounting
- A presentation of the current committee structure
- A presentation on communications, including how to facilitate the Board's communication within itself and with the membership of the federation
- A presentation on some marketing ideas, and on membership models we could look into in order to raise some much-needed revenue
It was a great weekend of ideas, and I foresee a lot of discussions about the future of the federation in the upcoming weeks in months. I don't really understand how the BOD got things accomplished with a quarterly meeting schedule. I expect that we will be meeting, whether in person or over the web, a lot more frequently than that, especially in the coming months.
Running 30:00  2.5 mi (12:00 / mi)
shoes: 2013 Asics White+Blue
Running! Alex and I got up to go for a quick morning job before the second day of the Board retreat. Beasts and Deer Beasts were seen, reminding me just how much I miss being outside and running in the woods. All this PT stuff has to pay off eventually, right?
With Board matters on our minds, it is little surprise that the national championship structure was discussed.
- Dec 11 [0w, 3d]: ? - QOC Balls Bluff
- Dec 18 [1w, 3d]: ? - QOC Swanson Road
- Jan 7, 2017 [4w, 2d]: ? - QOC Little Bennett Night-O
- Jan 8, 2017 [4w, 3d]: ? - QOC Little Bennett Day-O
- Mar 11, 2017 [13w, 2d]: Y!! - QOC PWF Happyland Junior training camp!!!
- Apr 7, 2017 [17w, 1d]: ? - OCIN Flying Pig XXI
- Apr 22, 2017 [19w, 2d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2017 very tempting
- May 7, 2017 [21w, 3d]: ? - Billygoat 2017
- Jun 23, 2017 [28w, 1d]: Y!! - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships main goal for 2017?
- Sep 9, 2017 [39w, 2d]: ? - 2017 Seattle Adventure Running Tournament (9/9 - 9/10)
- Sep 1, 2020 [194w, 5d]:
Where are you from?
all weeks |