Training Log: KateK
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Walk / Hike||1|| 3:15:00|
| ||Horseback Riding||2|| 1:57:00|
| ||Trail Run||1|| 41:38|| 3.4||(12:15)|| 5.47||(7:37)|| 46|
| ||Orienteering||1|| 41:25|| 3.21||(12:54)|| 5.17||(8:01)|| 38|
| ||Armchair O||3|| 27:00|
| ||Total||7|| 7:02:03|| 6.61|| 10.64|| 84|
| ||[1-5]||5|| 6:35:00|
Walk / Hike 3:15:00 
Simple hike up Capilano River with work for team building and a chat with an Arc'teryx rep at the turnaround point. Working for an outdoor equipment store in your "free time" has its perks!
PS Local Orienteering Peeps! FYI -> on December 7th (Wednesday sadly) is Atmosphere's Family and Friends Event (deals, invite only, etc) before the new store officially opens on Dec 8th -- let me know if you want to be included!!
Armchair O 6:00 
Split Shift Lunch Break
Route to Christmas - Day Four
Once I figured out was up and what was down it got easier. I am sure it would be easier in the actual terrain but from my living room it took more time than was necessarily good hahahttp://news.worldofo.com/2016/12/04/route-to-chris...
Procrastinating on my essay by redoing most all of my activity colours (some stayed the same), adding the flag counter, and catching up on route to Christmas :P
Armchair O 6:00 
Route to Christmas - Day Three
Tried straightish to the L, then looked R, then drew far to the L, and finally then looked R again and drew the route straightish to the R. Looks like my desire to go L at the start was correct and then my way in from the R was a solid choice as well :Dhttp://news.worldofo.com/2016/12/03/route-to-chris...
Horseback Riding 1:00:00 
Rode Bailey for ~45min and then Hillary asked if I wanted to hop on Marley for the first time for ~15min.
I am really happy I delayed hoping on Marley for so long. It's such a special thing to have a horse all your own and Rachel and I had both experienced that but not Hillary being the 3rd. You feel such a connection and responsibility with ownership (primary parent) feeling each success and failure so keenly. It was quite fun to have Hillary instructing me over what's what with Marley!
Armchair O 10:00 
World of O Route to Christmas Day 1
I struggled with the penultimate part of this leg. In general, I tried to look at what the best route is and then what would be the best route for where my orienteering is at skill wise today. Seemed wise to do some mental training to get my head back in the game!http://news.worldofo.com/2016/12/01/route-to-chris...
Orienteering (WET) 41:25 5.17 km (8:01 / km) +38m 7:44 / km
ahr:176 max:189 shoes: Old Pink Pair - Nike
Map: Children's Hospital and Surrounding Green Spaces (contains the first training from Sprint Camp 2016)
First observation: It's fricking cold out
Second: wow it's been a long time since I've been to a WET
Third: hmmm flats and soaking grass, not a traction filled combo
Fourth: good thing I'm running around a hospital but too bad I am not a child
The running was meh fitness wise but I was really happy to be out orienteering & running! My orienteering felt a bit rusty but I sorted myself out in the end. I am too cautious in headlamp season and I get jumpy easily.
Best moment: running across the field with the holiday lights from Van Dusen gardens and the epic classical music (coming from the gardens) swelling to a dramatic climax as only classical music can!
Trail Run 41:38 5.47 km (7:37 / km) +46m 7:18 / km
ahr:168 max:190 shoes: Old Pink Pair - Nike
It ended up being a somewhat lame run as the part I was looking forward to was blocked off for a police incident. The dogs enjoyed the outing though racing through the puddles! The time includes when I stopped to chat with my cousin's best man (why can I never remember his name?!) who was also out with his dog!
First run in a while... so I took it easy but I'll need to step things up asap :D
Horseback Riding 57:00 
Jumping lesson taught by Rhonda. Great lesson smooth lines, corners, and transitions. Kept my R shoulder back which is almost a non-issue after years of twisting - thank you surgery! Plus I got to jump the bigger fences and a one-stride :D
- Dec 5 [0w, 1d]:
This Crazy Week
Monday: TTOC / Atmos 17-22
Tuesday: TTOC / Atmos 17-22
Wed: Pack / Atmos 14-22
Thurs: UBC to Study / Exam @ 19
Friday: VAN to SEA to SFO!!! For Awesome Orienteering and Adventuring!
- Dec 9 [0w, 5d]: Y - BAOC: Sprint San Francisco
- Dec 11 [1w, 0d]: N - GVOC WJR - South Surrey Bike Park I'll be at BAOC: Sprint San Fran
- Jan 22, 2017 [7w, 0d]: N - GVOC WJR - Winter Warriors Series #2 - Cypress Falls It's even on my Birthday!
- Feb 10, 2017 [9w, 5d]: Y! - Vancouver Sprint Camp 2017 & GVOC WJR - Winter Warrior Series #2 Helping out and probably should race elite this...
- Mar 19, 2017 [15w, 0d]: Y - WJR - Winter Warriors Series #3 - Silver Valley
- Apr 16, 2017 [19w, 0d]: Y - GVOC WJR - Spring Series #1 - McCartney Creek
- May 28, 2017 [25w, 0d]: Y! - OAK Junior Festival & GVOC WJR - Sprint Series #2 - Robert Burnaby Park
- Jun 18, 2017 [28w, 0d]: Y - GVOC WJR - Spring Series #3 - Mt Sumas
- Jun 23, 2017 [28w, 5d]: Y - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships Hope to go!
- Jul 19, 2017 [32w, 3d]: Y - GVOC Summer Wednesday Evening SI Event #1
- Aug 16, 2017 [36w, 3d]: Y - GVOC Summer Wednesday Evening SI Event #2
- Sep 9, 2017 [39w, 6d]: Y!! - 2017 Seattle Adventure Running Tournament (9/9 - 9/10)
- Sep 17, 2017 [41w, 0d]: Y - GVOC WJR - Fall Series #1 - Rice Lake
- Oct 15, 2017 [45w, 0d]: Y - GVOC WJR - Fall Series #2 - Watershed Park
- Nov 19, 2017 [50w, 0d]: Y - GVOC WJR - Fall Series #3 - UBC
- Dec 10, 2017 [53w, 0d]: Y - GVOC WJR - Year End Adventure Run - Lynn Valley
all weeks |