Training Log: fossil
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||XC-ski-classic||2|| 2:25:00|
| ||XC-ski-freestyle||2|| 2:10:00|
| ||Run||2|| 1:38:22|
| ||Total||6|| 6:13:22|
shoes: Madshus TXC 233 classic wet
Hammond Hill. Yellow and red trail loops. Conditions very nice. Yellow trails starting to get beat in already after just one day. Red trails skied very little. I even had to break trail on the Dan Karig Downhill end of the red trail. Met Jack and Bill coming up the hill from the parking lot just as I was approaching to descend.
Run 36:45 
shoes: Asics GEL-Arctic
Quintard loop in the snow. Easy day, just a short cruise.
shoes: Madshus TXC 233 classic wet
Bristol - RXCSF youth skiing festival with Nathan
Waxing and wax testing to get Nathan set up for the classic race. And what a race it turned out to be. He really had his heart set on beating Rylan, and the mass start meant he was able to keep an eye on him and know exactly who was where. He went out ahead but not by much and the two of them were duking it out most of the way. Nathan finally was able to build up a bit of a lead but it was never big and Rylan was not letting him go. A great race for both of them as they both get stronger when they get out there and push each other like that.
shoes: Madshus TXC 234 skate dry snow
After the classic races were over came the family run relay. Nathan and I ended up teaming up with Rylan and his dad, Craig when we were the only ones from our families interested in racing. This was a short course, something like 1/2 km, with 4 members per relay team. It was staged with 2 heats and then a final, with the top 5 teams from each heat advancing to the final.
We came in 3rd in both our heat and in the final, with the same 2 teams beating us in both, the Wildcats team from Erie, PA, and the fathers/daughters team from the Tug Hill club. The Wildcats just ran away from everyone right off the line. The Tug Hill team we were much closer to. In both races I went out as anchor ahead of them and both times their anchor, Dustin Hite, whooshed past me and left me in the dust.
shoes: Madshus WC Supraflex 234 Skate
Bristol - for RXCSF youth skiing festival with Nathan
A bunch of different things. Course inspection in the morning. Spectating during the kids skate races. Some laps with friends. Helping set up the ski jump and nerf biathlon game. More laps with friends. Trying out the ski-O grid-O that Rob set up. Getting captivated with it and skiing each course about 3 times each until I had the fastest time of the day on each one. Helping out with tearing down the controls after.
Then off to the banquet to help with setup and later tear-down there.
shoes: Brooks Dyad 6
Quintard loop plus DeWitt neighborhood wanderings. Several hill efforts. Not all the way back but this was the best I've felt running since the quad injury in September.
- Feb 7 [1w, 3d]: ? - Empire State Winter Games ski-O
- Mar 21 [7w, 3d]: ? - Fox Chaser II (U.S. 2015 IS / IC / Trail O Champs)
- Mar 27 [8w, 2d]: ? - Flying Pig XIX - U.S. Individual Champs - Sprint-Middle-Long March is too early for championships
- Apr 19 [11w, 4d]: ? - 2015 Billygoat Run
- May 2 [13w, 3d]: Y - West Point A-meet
- Aug 1 [26w, 3d]: ? - WOC 2015 - Inverness, Highland, GB
- Aug 16 [28w, 4d]: ? - ONB 2015 COC Middle Distance, Hillsborough, NB (New Map)
- Aug 17 [28w, 5d]: ? - ONB Ocean Floor Sprint, Hopewell Rocks Provincial Park, NB
- Aug 20 [29w, 1d]: ? - ONB COC Sprint Race, UPEI, Charlottetown, PEI
- Aug 21 [29w, 2d]: ? - ONB HPP fund raiser, Charlottetown, PEI
- Aug 22 [29w, 3d]: ? - ONB COC Long Distance, Wentworth Ski Hill, NS
- Aug 23 [29w, 4d]: ? - ONB Post COC Fun event, Debert, NS
- Sep 12 [32w, 3d]: ? - ROC - Letchworth State Park East Regular Event
- Sep 26 [34w, 3d]: ? - Ottawa O-Fest 2015
- Oct 3 [35w, 3d]: ? - "O" in the Pines A meet
- Oct 10 [36w, 3d]: ? - UNO Boulder Dash
- Oct 10 [36w, 3d]: ? - ROC - Corn Maze-O Event
- Oct 17 [37w, 3d]: ? - ROC - Camp Cutler Regular Event
- Nov 14 [41w, 3d]: ? - ROC - Webster Park Night-O
- Sep 23, 2016 [86w, 2d]: Y - North American Orienteering Championships
all weeks |