Training Log: fossil
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Run||2|| 1:49:55|
| ||Orienteering||2|| 1:35:39|
| ||Strength||1|| 45:00|
| ||Cycling - stationary||1|| 15:00|
| ||Total||5|| 4:25:34|
Orienteering race 20:45 
shoes: Brooks Cascadia
ROC sprint at Genesee Valley, red course
Still dragging but a good opportunity to run hard and build some fitness. My only errors on this course were of the same type. On both #1 and #6 I looked at the map, made the correct route decision, and then did something different.
On #1 I correctly identified the far bridge as the better route, remembering from last fall that the highway overpass was not usable. But then I 2nd guessed it due to the out of bounds symbol ending before the overpass and crossed the first bridge, which then necessitated running beneath the highway, over the bridge on the far side, and then back under the highway to get to #1.
On #6 I saw that it was straight under the highway but just as I punched 5 and turned toward 6 someone ran past along the fence and I remembered from last fall that there was a gap in the fence that I had missed noticing then, so I took off after this guy and followed him to the fence gap. It wasn't very far away but obviously much farther than the direct route.
Looking through the race splits it appears that I may also have erred in choosing the far bridge on #12, though AP didn't charge me with lost time there. At the time I thought the slightly further distance would win over having to climb up the hill to get onto the bridge that #11 was beneath.
Orienteering race 15:57 
shoes: Brooks Cascadia
ROC sprint at Genesee Valley, orange course
This one was pretty clean except for one error on #9. Despite having run this exact same leg already on the red course, when I looked at it this time I failed to notice the path under the bridge and went up and over. Mike must have enjoyed watching that, as he was standing right by #8 as I went by, waiting for Zach to come through. Zach passed me between 10 and 11 and from there it was just a matter of watching him slowly pull away from me over the last loop.
Orienteering race 58:57 
shoes: VJ Integrator (1)
EMPO meet at Peebles Island with Nathan. Our first time on this map. A fun little area, woods open enough to be able to run. And they got the weather right, too.
Nathan was 1st on orange by 3.5 minutes. I was 1st on red by 40 seconds.
A bit of a panic at the start when Nathan discovered his O shoes no longer fit. Fortunately (??) that means he should now fit in my shoes and I had brought 2 pairs. When he couldn't get the laces loose enough on the 1st pair I offered him I finally gave up and took off the pair I was planning to run in and swapped with him.
The good news is after we finished we passed the word that his only slightly used too small Orocs were now for sale and someone immediately bought them.
shoes: Brooks Cascadia7
trail run at Green Lakes
shoes: Brooks Cascadia7
Trail run at Green Lakes.
Cycling - stationary warm up/down 15:00 
Strength 45:00 
Leg press 1 x 15 at 115 + 1 x 15 at 130 + 1 x 15 at 145 + 1 x 15 at 160
Leg extension 3 x 12 at 95
Dips 3 x 10 with 70 assistance
Pullups 1 x 10 + 1 x 8 + 1 x 5 with 100 assistance
Rotary chest press 2 x 10 at 55 + 1 x 10 at 60
Calf press 2 x 20
- May 2 [0w, 5d]: Y - West Point A-Meet
- May 16 [2w, 5d]: ? - Spring has Sprung - Redux May 16, 2015
- May 17 [2w, 6d]: ? - NEOC: Mt. Tom
- May 17 [2w, 6d]: ? - ROC - Powder Mills Park Regular Event
- May 17 [2w, 6d]: ? - HVO Taconic Outdoor Education Center
- May 24 [3w, 6d]: ? - OOC Classic Event: Britannia Park/Mud Lake
- Jun 7 [5w, 6d]: ? - ROC - Rotary Sunshine Campus Regular Event
- Jun 11 [6w, 3d]: ? - 2015 Boston Sprint Camp
- Jun 13 [6w, 5d]: ? - black fly challenge
- Jun 14 [6w, 6d]: ? - HVO Mountain Lakes
- Jul 12 [10w, 6d]: ? - ROC - Mendon Ponds Park Score-O Event
- Jul 25 [12w, 5d]: ? - ROC - Highland Park Score-O Event
- Aug 1 [13w, 5d]: ? - WOC 2015 & Scottish 6 days
- Aug 14 [15w, 4d]: Y - 2015 Canadian Orienteering Championships
- Aug 16 [15w, 6d]: ? - ONB COC2015: Middle Distance, Hillsborough, NB (New Map)
- Aug 17 [16w, 0d]: ? - ONB Ocean Floor Sprint, HPP fun raiser, Hopewell Rocks Provincial Park, NB
- Aug 17 [16w, 0d]: ? - ONB Fishbones 1, Hillsborough, NB
- Aug 20 [16w, 3d]: ? - ONB COC2015: Sprint Race, University of PEI
- Aug 21 [16w, 4d]: ? - ONB HPP fund raiser, Charlottetown, PEI
- Aug 21 [16w, 4d]: ? - ONB Fishbones 2, Brookvale Provincial Park, PEI
- Aug 22 [16w, 5d]: ? - ONB COC2015: Long Distance, Wentworth Ski Hill, NS
- Aug 23 [16w, 6d]: ? - ONB Fishbones 3, Chase, Debert, NS
- Sep 12 [19w, 5d]: ? - ROC - Letchworth State Park East Regular Event
- Sep 26 [21w, 5d]: ? - Ottawa O-Fest 2015
- Oct 3 [22w, 5d]: ? - "O" in the Pines A meet
- Oct 10 [23w, 5d]: ? - UNO Boulder Dash
- Oct 10 [23w, 5d]: ? - ROC - Long Acre Farms Corn Maze-O Event
- Oct 18 [24w, 6d]: ? - ROC - Camp Cutler Regular Event
- Nov 14 [28w, 5d]: ? - ROC - Webster Park Night-O
- Jan 17, 2016 [37w, 6d]: ? - ROC - Mendon Ponds Park Ski-O / Winterfest
- Sep 23, 2016 [73w, 4d]: Y - North American Orienteering Championships
all weeks |