Training Log: fossil
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Orienteering||2|| 2:09:01|
| ||Cycling - road||1|| 1:20:00|
| ||Strength||1|| 39:00|
| ||Run||1|| 10:00|
| ||Total||4|| 4:18:01|
Run warm up/down 10:00 
Strength 39:00 
Dips 3 x 10 with 40 assistance
Leg press 2 x 15 at 145 + 2 x 15 at 160
Pullups 2 x 10 + 1 x 5 with 100 assistance
Leg extension 3 x 15 at 105
Rotary chest press 3 x 20 at 55
Calf press 2 x 20
Cycling - road 1:20:00
Easy recovery ride. 1563 feet of climb.
Orienteering race 1:22:13 
shoes: VJ Integrator (2)
EMPO A meet long green.
Another successful run overall, in the sense that I avoided any catastrophic errors. So now it's down to dealing with the 1-2 min errors that we tend to overlook when there are 5-10 min errors we're bumming about.
For example on number 4 I was going straight for the spur I wanted to use to lead me into the control, but also keeping an eye on Tony F who was pulling away but going too far to the left. But I let myself get pulled to the left when I should have ignored him.
Lost a minute on 9 going straight through when I should have taken the trail.
Lost a couple minutes on 12 when I couldn't figure out how to get around the silly fences. Quite surprised to see it was only a couple minutes as it felt like forever.
Then another half a minute on 14 when I went too far right, heading for what looked like open instead of heading straight for the driveway.
Orienteering race 46:48 
shoes: VJ Integrator (2)
EMPO A meet, green middle.
Funny. Lots of people were complaining about the map today. I'm usually the one who runs off faster than I can stay in contact with the map and eventually find myself lost trying to relocate. This time I took the time to stay in contact, walked a huge amount, mostly due to the rocky ground, and I had no trouble or complaints with the map.
- Oct 10 [0w, 3d]: N - UNO Boulder Dash
- Oct 10 [0w, 3d]: N - ROC - Zarpentine Farms Corn Maze-O Event
- Oct 18 [1w, 4d]: N - Hudson Highlander XVIII
- Oct 18 [1w, 4d]: ? - ROC - Oatka Creek Park Regular Event
- Oct 23 [2w, 2d]: ? - Kentucky Orienteering Games
- Oct 24 [2w, 3d]: ? - DVOA Myrick Center (BVA)
- Oct 24 [2w, 3d]: ? - DVOA Willows & Skunk Hollow
- Oct 24 [2w, 3d]: ? - Explore the Sanctuary, Westmoreland Sanctuary, HVO event
- Oct 25 [2w, 4d]: ? - DVOA Elk Neck State Park
- Oct 25 [2w, 4d]: ? - HVO Silas Condict
- Nov 8 [4w, 4d]: ? - DVOA Rutgers Environmental Preserve
- Nov 14 [5w, 3d]: ? - ROC - Webster Park Night-O
- Jan 17, 2016 [14w, 4d]: ? - ROC - Mendon Ponds Park Ski-O / Winterfest
- Mar 11, 2016 [22w, 2d]: ? - North American and US SkiO Championships
- Apr 1, 2016 [25w, 2d]: ? - OCIN Flying Pig XX
- Apr 16, 2016 [27w, 3d]: ? - 2016 NEOC Troll Cup: High Rock
- Jul 16, 2016 [40w, 3d]: ? - Swiss-O-Week 2016
- Jul 23, 2016 [41w, 3d]: ? - 2016 Icefields Parkway Orienteering Festival
- Jul 23, 2016 [41w, 3d]: ? - O-Ringen 2016
- Sep 3, 2016 [47w, 3d]: ? - 2016 Corn Maze Champs
- Sep 17, 2016 [49w, 3d]: Y - 2016 US Two-Day Classic Championships
- Sep 23, 2016 [50w, 2d]: Y - North American Orienteering Championships
- Mar 4, 2018 [125w, 4d]: ? - World Cup and World Masters SkiO Championships
all weeks |