Training Log: Arnold
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Running||2|| 1:42:35|| 13.03||(7:52)|| 20.97||(4:54)|| 271|
| ||Total||2|| 1:42:35|| 13.03||(7:52)|| 20.97||(4:54)|| 271|
An article in The Times said that you lose 1% of speed each year from age 40 to 50 and then 1.1% from 50 to 60. While that may be true I reckon that 20+ years of accumulated training more than counteract this. I for one feel that I’m getting faster not slower.
Running 50:47  10.6 km (4:48 / km) +129m 4:31 / km
Fabulously beautiful run on Jersey, including the return leg along the clifftops in the sunset. Just wonderful.
Pushed it relatively hard in the middle bits along the disused railway track - 5x 4.15-4.30 on the trot. Have discovered that I am now consititutionally unable to run slowly, which I think is a good thing.
Running 51:48  10.37 km (5:00 / km) +142m 4:41 / km
Attempt at a longish loop through Richmond Park. The legs were willing, the body was not - just no energy so gave up after 10k and walked / jogged back. Perhaps should have gone a bit more slowly to start with.
Deliberately went out in the rain to test some of my gear, with unimpressive results:
- Neoprene socks (with new Brooks Glycerin shoes): lovely
- W-OL semi-ski gloves: wouldn't have wanted to do any longer in them
- Standard beanie hat - good
- Tracksmith Bislett trousers - definitely not waterproof but I guess they wicked ok. Any harder rain and would have stuck to me though
- Tracksmith Elliot (I think) top - ditto
all weeks |