Training Log: nancy
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||hiking||4|| 4:17:27|| 10.77||(23:54)|| 17.33||(14:51)|| 314|
| ||Walking on the Beach||1|| 1:07:38|| 3.24||(20:51)|| 5.22||(12:57)|| 2|
| ||walking on road||1|| 1:03:55|| 3.32||(19:15)|| 5.34||(11:58)|| 96|
| ||Total||6|| 6:29:00|| 17.33||(22:27)|| 27.9||(13:57)|| 412|
hiking 49:42  2.64 mi (18:49 / mi) +82m 17:11 / mi
Willard Brook State Forest, Across from the meet location. Still some real beautiful mountain laurel, even some pink ones. Too bad the bugs are so annoying to ruin the beautiful time. It's nice to get out before the heat, but it means the air is so still. I need a breeze to help disperse the bugs!
hiking 1:50:06  3.26 mi (33:47 / mi) +177m 28:54 / mi
Andres Institute of Art, Brookline, NH. I've seen the signs but had no idea what a gem this is I'm not usually into Art but walking around this sculpture garden on a lovely hillside with flowering mountain laurel was a special experience. Bonus view of my nemesis to boot.
walking on road 1:03:55  3.32 mi (19:15 / mi) +96m 17:40 / mi
Marshall Rd, Fitchburg, MA. In an effort to continue to expend my lifemap beyond the towns I've already finished, J-J and I did a loop around Hollis HIll Farm, collecting some trash and trying to avoid the black flies. Added bonus of having dinner at the Farm afterwards and listening to some not-the-best country music.
Walking on the Beach 18:43  0.87 mi (21:31 / mi)
Crane Beach, from parking to chair
Walking on the Beach 29:35  2.4 km (12:20 / km)
To the "restroom" and back.
Walking on the Beach 19:20  0.88 mi (21:53 / mi) +2m 21:44 / mi
hiking 45:08  2.0 mi (22:34 / mi) +42m 21:11 / mi
Valley Farm Wildlife Sanctuary, Shirley. Probably a bit of trespassing here as I didn't really remember where the parking was, and parked at the actual Valley Farm, not the conservation area but it was fun to explore the pretty farm buildings. Very cool shed! Saw a very populated heron rookery as well.
hiking 52:31  4.62 km (11:22 / km) +13m 11:13 / km
Pheasant Ridge Conservation Area and Squannacook Brook State Forest, Townssend. Lovely morning to continue my exploration of the area without a real idea of where I was.
- Aug 6 [6w, 3d]: Y - 2021 Orienteering USA Nationals
- Sep 11 [11w, 4d]: Y - UNO Camping Weekend 2021 (Pawtuckaway)
- Sep 19 [12w, 5d]: ? - ROC - Letchworth Goat
- Oct 2 [14w, 4d]: Y - New England Championships
- Oct 9 [15w, 4d]: Y - MNOC Masters Nationals
- Mar 19, 2022 [38w, 4d]: Y - DVOA Big Woods National Event
- Apr 23, 2022 [43w, 4d]: ? - West Point Annual National Ranking Event
- May 14, 2022 [46w, 4d]: ? - Run the Rotary NRE (EMPO)
- Jun 4, 2022 [49w, 4d]: ? - GrizO Lubrecht Two-Day
- Jul 8, 2022 [54w, 3d]: ? - WMOC 2022
- Jul 25, 2022 [56w, 6d]: Y! - ORingen 2021
- Oct 13, 2022 [68w, 2d]: ? - 2022: South American Orienteering Championships Looks very interesting!
- Jul 1, 2023 [105w, 4d]: Y - Rescheduled - BAOC: California Orienteering Festival No longer a conflict with the O-Ringen
all weeks |