Training Log: Sandy
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||orienteering||2|| 2:11:20|
| ||strength & stretching||2|| 1:05:00|
| ||hiking||1|| 54:37|| 2.88||(18:58)|| 4.64||(11:47)|| 87|
| ||trail||1|| 43:18|| 2.86||(15:08)|| 4.6||(9:24)|| 85|
| ||Total||6|| 4:54:15|| 5.74|| 9.24|| 173|
strength & stretching 35:00 
training session - got there early and intended to do some stretching but after putting out a map and doing a few I relaxed and almost fell asleep. Luckily Kelly showed up right about then and got me moving.
hard holding the planks at the end - my forearms were sweaty and kept slipping on the mat.
I did do some stretching afterwards.
hiking 54:37  2.88 mi (18:58 / mi) +87m 17:20 / mi
A nice hike around the meadow with Sandy.
trail 43:18  2.86 mi (15:08 / mi) +85m 13:51 / mi
Jog 120 paces/walk 80 around the meadow loop.
strength & stretching 30:00 
A great training session; worked me hard but I can feel the improvement.
Didn't stretch and will pay for it later I'm sure. But I'm so sleepy. Drank too much coffee yesterday in order to have an uneventful drive home and then couldn't get to sleep last night. So only got about 4 hours instead of my normal 8.
Very happy with how not sore I am today after the weekend. Knee very stiff both nights but fine the morning after.
orienteering 59:53 
Another really fun Brown course at WP. Kudos to the cadets for getting it so right this weekend for the older categories. The 1:7500 maps were a delight and the courses were a blast.
Again, pretty sloppy with a couple "hooks" and one bad error near the end when I wanted to get away from the crowd of old ladies that had coalesced. I didn't stick with my plan and it cost me 2 minutes. Ah well.
orienteering 1:11:27 
Really nice Brown course at WP. They hiked us up the hill to the start and then we got to play around on the top of the hill for a bit before threading our way back down. I was very sloppy to almost every control having to correct on the fly but I almost always knew about where I was and what I should be seeing so was able to avoid any large time losses. Was very surprised when I finished to see how high I placed.
- May 7 [1w, 2d]: Y - Billygoat 2017 tag along with Valerie and Peter?
- May 31 [4w, 5d]: Y!! - DVOA Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education Event Director
- Jun 14 [6w, 5d]: Y!! - DVOA Norristown State Hospital Event Director
- Jun 23 [8w, 0d]:
- Jun 23 [8w, 0d]: N - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships conflict with Alaska trip :(
- Jun 28 [8w, 5d]: N - DVOA Ridley Creek State Park MacMullan's taking this one
- Jul 12 [10w, 5d]: Y!! - DVOA Fort Washington Event Director
- Jul 29 [13w, 1d]: Y - Canada 150 Orienteering Festival Planning to at any rate
- Sep 16 [20w, 1d]: Y - Falls Classic - Letchworth State Park
- Oct 8 [23w, 2d]: Y - SVO Susquehanna Stumble XIX short
- Oct 14 [24w, 1d]: Y! - UNO Boulder Dash Want another crack at the map
- Nov 11 [28w, 1d]: Y - QOC Quinquagenary @ Quantico National Meet
- Jun 17, 2050 [1,729w, 0d]: Y - wmoc 2050 F95+ better start training now
all weeks |