Training Log: Sandy
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||map hiking||1|| 5:19:01|| 9.08||(35:08)|| 14.61||(21:50)|| 187|
| ||hiking||2|| 3:06:42|| 9.78||(19:05)|| 15.74||(11:52)|| 381|
| ||strength & stretching||2|| 1:20:00|
| ||biking||1|| 22:53|| 2.19||(10:27)|| 3.52||(6:30)|| 71|
| ||Total||5|| 10:08:36|| 21.05|| 33.88|| 639|
strength & stretching 40:00 
Same deal as usual: 5 min warmup, 30 min workout, 5 min stretch.
Was worried I'd be sore after yesterday, but felt pretty good.
map hiking 5:19:01  9.08 mi (35:08 / mi) +187m 33:01 / mi
Course setting for an adventure race later this year. Need some better guidance on how tough/easy/long/short the course should be.
But it was a beautiful day in the woods and I had a blast. Wish I could say more but on the slight chance that any adventure racers read my log I better not.
hiking 2:13:42  6.87 mi (19:28 / mi) +287m 17:14 / mi
A purposeful hike around the Wissahickon. Mid 70's and just beautiful. The annoying little gnatty things were all out though - kept me moving so they wouldn't swarm me. Despite some soreness from yesterday's workout I felt pretty strong until the very end when I just wanted to be done.
And for once I seem to be on top of most of my various obligations and projects! Wonder how long that will last?
strength & stretching 40:00 
5 min warmup
30 min personal training
5 min stretch
Sweating tons today. It probably hit 75F!
hiking 53:00  2.91 mi (18:13 / mi) +94m 16:33 / mi
Futzed around all morning and couldn't get myself out the door. Finally decided that I could at least get around the meadow loop and if I was feeling like more I could always go around again. I think lowering my expectations for myself was useful. (I did a few minutes of weeding before starting so I deducted that time. My daffodils are getting ready to bloom!)
biking 22:53  2.19 mi (10:27 / mi) +71m 9:29 / mi
And while walking around the meadow loop I realized that one, the trails weren't nearly as muddy as they were on Sunday and were in pretty decent condition for biking and two, I could ride the roads over and cut in at the start of the meadow and just do that part of the trail. That sound doable or at least not scary and so I decided I would do a little mountain biking as well. I came off twice - both times trying to go around a corner and uphill over rocks at the same time. But not bad falls so I accomplished my number one goal of not injuring myself.
And I figured out how to use another one of the gears - just have to push the lever slightly again after shifting and it will fall in. But I'm still not very coordinated with shifting - can't remember which way goes harder and which way easier with which hand.
- Mar 18 [2w, 4d]: N - LAOC Camp Scherman National Meet Hope DVOA manages to find a relay team
- Mar 18 [2w, 4d]: Y - Crooked Compass Adventure Trek OK - signed up
- Apr 9 [5w, 5d]: ? - DVOA Governor Dick
- Apr 15 [6w, 4d]: Y - DVOA Batsto If I can. Like the park.
- Apr 22 [7w, 4d]: Y - West Point National Meet
- Apr 28 [8w, 3d]: Y - USA & Canada - WOC/JWOC Team Trials
- May 7 [9w, 5d]: Y - Billygoat 2017 tag along with Valerie and Peter?
- May 31 [13w, 1d]: Y!! - DVOA Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education Event Director
- Jun 14 [15w, 1d]: Y!! - DVOA Norristown State Hospital Event Director
- Jun 23 [16w, 3d]:
- Jun 23 [16w, 3d]: N - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships conflict with Alaska trip :(
- Jun 28 [17w, 1d]: N - DVOA Ridley Creek State Park MacMullan's taking this one
- Jul 12 [19w, 1d]: Y!! - DVOA Fort Washington Event Director
- Jul 29 [21w, 4d]: Y - Canada 150 Orienteering Festival Planning to at any rate
- Oct 8 [31w, 5d]: Y - SVO Susquehanna Stumble XIX short
- Oct 14 [32w, 4d]: Y! - UNO Boulder Dash Want another crack at the map
- Nov 11 [36w, 4d]: Y - QOC Quinquagenary @ Quantico National Meet
- Jun 17, 2050 [1,737w, 3d]: Y - wmoc 2050 F95+ better start training now
all weeks |