In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||XC Sking||3|| 4:07:00|
| ||Row||1|| 1:09:00|
| ||Total||4|| 5:16:00|
XC Sking 1:01:00 
shoes: V2 Aero XL
Bad Birkie weather depression. I thought about just going for a row but figured I needed some closure on the ski season, even if it was going to be on wheels. I did a lot of work and am much stronger and technically better -- it's a shame I won't get to show it at the race.
However, I got more and more annoyed and came up with a plan. Given that the Birkie weather didn't improve on Wed morning, I implemented the plan. The plan was to change all my reservations to Colorado. So, Thu morning I fly do Denver. All the hotels in the Frisco/Breck and Winter Park areas are booked. Thus, I'm staying in Boulder and will check out Eldora. Due to the altitude, I don't know if I will get a 50km ski in, but I'm going to get my last bit of snow, damn it!
XC Sking 1:08:00 
shoes: V2 XLA98
1 x 5k
3 Fisher Rd Hill sprints
rep) pace, HR_ave
1) 3:16, 158
Large deviation on the pace due to a tailwind going out and head coming back. The goal was to keep my HR under 155 but I couldn't manage it - I kept going too fast. Good workout regardless.
XC Sking 1:58:00 
shoes: V2 XLA98
Apparently I've hit the mileage limit on the Aero's tubes because I had another flat this morning. Luckily, I was still near the car. Otherwise, an uneventful loop + lots of detours around the lake on the hard wheels.
Row 1:09:00 
Nice gray and cool morning. Keep enjoying them while they last.
- Mar 4 [1w, 2d]: Y - US Interscholastic and Intercollegiate Championships
- Apr 7 [6w, 1d]: ? - OCIN Flying Pig XXI
- Apr 22 [8w, 2d]: ? - West Point National Meet
- Apr 28 [9w, 1d]: ? - USA & Canada - WOC/JWOC Team Trials
- Jun 23 [17w, 1d]: ? - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships
- Dec 31 [44w, 3d]:
* Slow down a bit with the iron. Not so hot to burn the wax and base but enough so that the base warms up and the wax absorbs. If there is chipping when scrapping that means the wax was just sitting on top. Take my time, down the middle, down the sides, down the middle, etc.
* Keep scrapers sharp. Then I can apply less pressure and have better control. To touch up be light, slow and patient. Mistakes always happen when being impatient.
- Dec 31, 2019 [148w, 5d]:
******** Routes ******
- Jan 1, 2020 [148w, 6d]:
Dam Hills Loop: Hard: Up Winsted, down, up. Easy: Down, over to dam. Hard: Up dam, down, up, down, up. Easy: Down, back over to Winsted.
- Jan 3, 2020 [149w, 1d]:
FPH/Norbuk Hill Loop
- Jan 7, 2020 [149w, 5d]:
LHNorth Inner Loop: Flat ~1050m.
- Jan 8, 2020 [149w, 6d]:
Webster Park XC course, circa 1984
- Jan 9, 2020 [150w, 0d]:
all weeks |