Training Log: tRicky
In the last 7 days:
All controls for tomorrow put out today with help from the FROGS - Jack, Phil, Penny, Lois and Rob. Thanks all!
Today's appointment time was meant to be 'on average 1-2hrs' but it took me 1.5hrs to even get out of the waiting room, followed by another 1.5hr wait in the physio waiting room afterwards so at 4.5hrs total I reckon I busted open their expected wait times.
Got my knee stitches out today and have some exercises to start on. The surgeon doesn't think I'll be riding by the nationals in October, or at least 'not competitively' was the more precise term. I don't really want to cancel another trip. Could be another two or so months before I even make it back to reserve training and four weeks before I'm able to drive again. Mind you, he did also say 'some patients surprise us' and 'you are more motivated than most'. You'd better believe it bucko. Three months is BS. The physio also said I have good leg control given the injury but that my muscles are now pretty shit (not her exact words).
Today's trip to the outpatient clinic went from routine to blackout as quick as you can say 'Check out those bolts in your thumb'. In reality I was trying to avoid seeing it but I did warn the doctor about my blackout last week and she was ready for it so I avoided a trip from the chair to the floor and was most surprised to find myself surrounded by so many people. Didn't manage to avoid yet another ambulance trip from the clinic to the hospital directly across the road! Just a precaution but my 2-3hr appointment turned into six hours after all the tests.
Got out and about today. Between Tash and I we got out tapes for both the prelude and middle distance MTBO events next week. Tash drove and we did a bit of walking, no real issues although my foot is a bit sore after walking strangely and having to lever it into the car all afternoon. Took about six hours including a stop at the Camel Farm (had my first ice cream since I hospitalised myself). I'm sure it would have been loads faster on the bike! Only encountered our first sign for the Kalamunda 50 event at 2:55, by which time it was all but over.
- Jul 22 [0w, 1d]: Y - WA MTBO Middle Distance Championships - Kalamunda Circuit Hopefully the controls will put themselves out.
- Jul 22 [0w, 1d]: Y - MTBO Short - Kalamunda Prelude Sprint-like, if not technically sprint length.
- Jul 23 [0w, 2d]: N - WA MTBO Long Distance Championships - Marrinup Not getting the trophy back this year.
- Jul 29 [1w, 1d]: N - European MTB Orienteering Championships & World Cup Round 2 & Youth / Junio Doing nothing now.
- Jul 30 [1w, 2d]: N - WAMBA XCO State Series Rnd 7 - Collie
- Jul 30 [1w, 2d]: N - FootO 7 - Peterdine
- Aug 6 [2w, 2d]: N - PMBC Hardwood 50
- Aug 6 [2w, 2d]: N - FootO 8 - Frazzle Rock Over injuries.
- Aug 12 [3w, 1d]: N - WARA Spring 24hr Rogaine If I can't go to MTBO Worlds, I'm certainly not...
- Aug 18 [4w, 0d]: N - World Rogaine Championships 2017 Also unlikely
- Aug 19 [4w, 1d]: N - Dwellingup 100 Added just because I know I probably can't go.
- Aug 20 [4w, 2d]: N - FootO 9 - Yetar Springs Doubtful.
- Aug 20 [4w, 2d]: N - World MTBO Championships 2017, Junior World MTBO Championships 2017, World Out with three broken bones.
- Aug 25 [5w, 0d]: N - QLD MTBO Champs Very much an outside chance if I've healed enou...
- Aug 26 [5w, 1d]: N - Wildfire Ultralong - NOL 11 Too many clashes plus I'm broken.
- Aug 27 [5w, 2d]: N - Icebug NOL # 12 Too many brokens plus I'm clashed.
- Sep 3 [6w, 2d]: ? - MTBO 6 - Greenmount Unlikely but won't rule it out just yet.
- Sep 9 [7w, 1d]: N - Nanga Challenge
- Sep 10 [7w, 2d]: ? - FootO 11 - Malmalling SW Might be walking again.
- Sep 16 [8w, 1d]: ? - WA Middle Distance Championships - Jumbuck Hill
- Sep 17 [8w, 2d]: N - WAMBA XCO State Champs - Goat Farm Orienteering state champs
- Sep 17 [8w, 2d]: ? - WA Long Distance Championships - Marginata
- Sep 23 [9w, 1d]: N - Southern Peaks MTB Bugger, already committed to Nationals.
- Sep 23 [9w, 1d]: ? - Australian Orienteering Carnival 2017 Injury pending
- Oct 3 [10w, 4d]: ? - 2017 Australian MTBO Carnival
- Oct 7 [11w, 1d]: N - WARA Spring 12hr Rogaine Not with MTBO nationals on.
- Oct 15 [12w, 2d]: N - The Kowalski Classic Won't be ready for 100km by this time.
- Oct 19 [12w, 6d]: N - Cape to Cape MTB Probably not in its present format and price
- Oct 22 [13w, 2d]: ? - Ultra Sprint - Minim Cove Might actually be here now.
- Nov 11 [16w, 1d]: N - WARA Novelty Throwbag Not with a Metro event on.
- Mar 16, 2018 [34w, 0d]: ? - XPD Edition 10 - Tasmania Combine it with Easter 2018, if I can find some...
- Jun 27, 2018 [48w, 5d]: ? - European MTB Orienteering Championships and World Cup Round 1
- Jul 6, 2018 [50w, 0d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2018
- Jun 17, 2050 [1,717w, 0d]: ? - wmoc 2050 Beating Fletch after he does a 180 error on cou...
|Training kilometers by activity|
all weeks |