Orienteering1:09:20 6.6 km (10:30 / km) +108m9:43 / km ahr:131 max:174 shoes: 2017 Icebug Anima BUGrip
Borrego goat race, the shorter of two courses, the Lamb. Mass start with several twists:
1. There is a forked control. Go left or right.
2. There is a box with 4 controls. Go in any order.
3. There is a map section whites out except for a corridor. 3 controls along the corridor to be found, but no circles or clues.
4. There is a trail-o control when you reach the last regular control. 5 min penalty for missing the trail O control.
5. You can skip any one additional control, with some exceptions.
The corridor was generally where people had the most difficulty. Mostly because they misunderstood what was meant by the corridor. I understood it ok, but it was a bit hard to execute, and my vision was quite fogged by then.
1. Easy enough, down the broad recent rant, following a big crowd, but long course had a different control. Stopped to extract a cholla from the side of my shoe. I was a little left, but realized it and came in from the side. Lots of people overran and I saw them coming back as I was leaving for 2.
2. Longish leg. Seemed like I was going slow left of the left largish hill, up and over.
Hike1:13:49 3.97 mi (18:36 / mi) +93m17:20 / mi ahr:140 max:173 slept:7.0 weight:164.8lbs
Cold - 9 degrees F at the start.
Some weights, some stretching, with Matthew, Tai and Hua. A few bench presses, a few deadlifts, a few dumbbell squats, a few pulldowns. R forearm and elbow not liking the pulldowns at all, or the deadlifts all that much.