In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Gym||2|| 2:00:00|
| ||Hike||1|| 1:07:32|| 4.3||(15:42)|| 6.93||(9:45)|| 284|
| ||Total||3|| 3:07:32|| 4.3|| 6.93|| 284|
|averages - sleep:6.7 weight:168.7lbs|
We put up 36 shiitake mushroom logs today, Zack's project. A lot nicer doing it in the heated barn than it was doing it outside 20 years ago. We had Rhoda, Mike and Cindy helping for about 2/3 of it. Pretty fine that the mushroom spawn ran out at the same time the logs did.
In to NYC with Zack today to visit young Cooper and to retrieve Miss Rhonda, who has been bonding and generally helping out.
Dry fine visit with young Cooper, who actually slept through the whole 4 or 5 hours we were there. Then on the way home we stopped off to see his big second cousin, Tai, now 3 1/2 months old, and a very sweet boy. Lots of fun. Dinner near Matt and Ching-Hua's place, the six of us.
And then I drove all the way home, without any particular physical problems, best I've done driving in quite a while.
Lots of lacrosse ball work.
Hike 1:07:32  4.3 mi (15:42 / mi) +284m 13:01 / mi
slept:8.0 weight:167.4lbs shoes: 2012 gel kayanos
Much improved today, particularly after a lot more time on the lacrosse ball. I think this is the most aggressively I've ever dug it in along the edge of the lumbar spine. Pretty effective.
Anyway, out to walk around the neighborhood, not too fast, but a steady purposeful pace. Not bad, but I certainly would not have wanted to try running. Still tender.
Jess had her baby boy yesterday, all doing fine. Rhonda is at the hospital hanging out with her, Zack and I will go down and visit on Saturday.
Cooper Nelson Right is the young man's name. Our 4th grandchild, but first grandson.
Gym 1:00:00 
Stretching and core in the gym with Eric. The good news is that I feel about 75% better from the spasms of the last week. I think the combination of aggressive use of the lacrosse ball and sessions in the hot tub have released some of the worst of it. So keep it up.
Another setback today. Got woken up around 230 by a hard spasm in the left low back and quite limited the rest of the day. Rolling on the lacrosse ball helps.
Gym 1:00:00 
Stretching in the gym with Eric. Some improvement since yesterday. Still pretty uncomfortable, but a fair amount straighter.
- Mar 10 [6w, 4d]: Y! - MOC - Mediterranean Open Championship XIII edition Signed up, bought a ticket
- Mar 25 [8w, 5d]: Y! - BAOC: O in the Oaks 2017 bought our tickets
- Apr 22 [12w, 5d]: Y - West Point National Meet
- Apr 28 [13w, 4d]: ? - USA WOC/JWOC Team Trials not very likely, though
- May 7 [14w, 6d]: Y! - Billygoat 2017 although my last companion is shopping for anot...
- May 30 [18w, 1d]: ? - SOUTHERN ITALY ORIENTEERING FESTIVAL doubtful, but interesting
- Jun 23 [21w, 4d]: ? - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships
- Jul 22 [25w, 5d]: ? - O-Ringen
- Aug 26 [30w, 5d]: Y - 2017 Corn Maze Champs
- Oct 14 [37w, 5d]: Y - UNO Boulder Dash Sure. I'm not good enough for Burnt Mt, but wo...
- Jul 6, 2018 [75w, 4d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2018
- Jul 1, 2019 [127w, 0d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2019
all weeks |