Training Log: vmeyer
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Peppering||11|| 2:40:39|| 16.02||(10:02)|| 25.78||(6:14)|| 445|
| ||Swimming||1|| 30:29|| 0.85||(35:52)|| 1.37||(22:17)|
| ||Trail Run||1|| 20:00|| 1.0||(20:00)|| 1.61||(12:26)|
| ||Total||13|| 3:31:08|| 17.87||(11:49)|| 28.76||(7:21)|| 445|
|averages - weight:193.5lbs|
EX2 - Spring Backyard Burn Trail Running Series (R2) Hemlock - rescheduled
Peppering 20:10  2.02 mi (9:59 / mi) +104m 8:37 / mi
ahr:89 max:136 weight:195lbs
Actual = 68:15
Wore o shoes which was a good call since we went up and down the hill twice. Saw the fox about 30 feet away, making eye contact. Distracting P away from the den, which I had already gone wide around anyway. Howling and barking ensued, and it wasn't me this time.
Solid effort, especially the last 20 minutes, when we did the second up and down at a quicker pace. Probably could award myself an extra 10 minutes for it, but I won't.
Trail Run (Pepper hunt) 20:00  1.0 mi (20:00 / mi)
So excited to see Pepper finally exploring the backyard. Little did I know that she was planning her escape route - under back gate which I didn't secure as well as I thought.
After a romp after her in my pjs and clogs, I turned back for spikes and shorts and phone. Saw her and the fox a couple of times, and after going down the hill a second time, Roger called to say she was sitting on the back deck. Gps tracker next? Oh, and doing a better job on the gate escape route. :)
Peppering 11:20  1.13 mi (10:02 / mi) +60m 8:36 / mi
Actual = 47:26
Still on the fox hunt and refused to play in the meadow, so we turned back, and then I had to carry her out.
Peppering 11:12  1.12 mi (10:00 / mi) +10m 9:44 / mi
Actual = 26:42
To office from car repair shop.
Peppering 10:00  1.0 mi (10:00 / mi) +6m 9:50 / mi
Actual = 18:31
Back to pick up car. Was raining, so we were peppering along at a good pace.
Peppering 26:45  2.67 mi (10:01 / mi) +68m 9:17 / mi
Actual = 71:40
Cleared for canine contact, so we walked to dog park after dinner. Pepper had a great time.
Took Pepper for a bath today. She didn't like it. Self service for $10, and they comped us. Cool.
Peppering 16:12  1.62 mi (10:00 / mi) +57m 9:01 / mi
Actual = 44:25
Peppering 15:00  1.5 mi (10:00 / mi)
Actual = ~35:00
Went out in clogs thinking we were just on a potty walk, but it turned into more than that, going down the hill and such. Nice evening to be out, so I just kept going along for the ride. Dark when we got back, but we were out of the park by then and back in the neighborhood.
Peppering 9:30  0.94 mi (10:06 / mi) +67m 8:16 / mi
ahr:79 max:126 weight:193lbs
Actual = 31:49
I tried to keep Pepper out of the woods this morning, but it didn't happen...down the hill we went, which I don't really mind, except I wasn't in my down the hill we go shoes, so I was sliding around a bit.
She continues to roll around at random, which makes me laugh, and my favorite part is when she wants to run...ears flying back and with her happy happy tail. What is funny is that she looks like she is showing off, usually running full bore when someone running has gone by.
Pepper has a nasal parasite which showed up in her poop sample test, so no dog to dog encounters for another week, which makes her really sad.
Swimming 30:29  0.85 mi (35:52 / mi)
Haha - AP picked biking as the activity, and Garmin said I was going twice as far as I actually went.
Peppering 17:30  1.73 mi (10:07 / mi) +27m 9:39 / mi
Actual = 41:44
Had to be out and about, so I took Pepper to a different park - Fort Ward, which was nice for a (flat terrain) change.
Peppering 8:00  0.8 mi (10:00 / mi) +3m 9:53 / mi
ahr:76 max:143 weight:193lbs
Actual = 23:31
Last lesson with Ed...supposed to go next week, but I know I am going to be stressing about things, and I won't want to take the time it takes. He was way over the hill when I went to get him.
The lessons were worthwhile for me. I know that I am not afraid of horses or being on a horse, which I didn't think I was. And, I know enough to know that I am a rank beginner, but I am also comfortable enough to enjoy the outing in New Zealand.
Peppering 15:00  1.49 mi (10:04 / mi) +45m 9:12 / mi
Actual = 39:49
How does one walk a beagle vs. being walked by the beagle?
- Apr 1 [0w, 5d]: Y - Brake the Habit 8 Hour Adventure Race
- Apr 2 [0w, 6d]:
EX2 - Rosaryville Half Marathon/10K Trail Running Race
- Apr 2 [0w, 6d]: ? - QOC Gunston Hall
- Apr 7 [1w, 4d]: N - OCIN Flying Pig XXI New Zealand
- Apr 9 [1w, 6d]: N - QOC Lake Needwood New Zealand
- Apr 14 [2w, 4d]: Y!! - Oceania Championships 2017 Flight booked & registered for events
- Apr 19 [3w, 2d]: ? - Middle Earth Championships Registered
- Apr 21 [3w, 4d]: Y - World masters games 2017 Volunteering - not competing
- Apr 22 [3w, 5d]: Y!! - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2017
- Apr 22 [3w, 5d]: N - West Point National Meet Still in New Zealand. Sorry to miss this!
- Apr 23 [3w, 6d]:
EX2 - Spring Backyard Burn Trail Running Series (R3) Lake Fairfax
- Apr 23 [3w, 6d]: N - QOC Clopper Lake New Zealand
- Apr 28 [4w, 4d]: N - USA & Canada - WOC/JWOC Team Trials
- Apr 30 [4w, 6d]: N - QOC Mason Neck Returning from New Zealand
- May 6 [5w, 5d]: N - QOC Patapsco Granite Billygoat
- May 7 [5w, 6d]:
Ex2 - Spring Backyard Burn Trail Running Series (R4) Pohick Bay
- May 7 [5w, 6d]: Y!! - Billygoat 2017 Will I be able to keep up?!
- May 14 [6w, 6d]: Y - QOC Rosaryville
- May 21 [7w, 6d]:
EX2 - Reservoir Relay (BR Park - Hemlock - FH)
- May 21 [7w, 6d]: ? - QOC Fountainhead
- Jun 4 [9w, 6d]: Y - QOC Jug Bay
- Jun 11 [10w, 6d]:
EX2 - Fountainhead Half Marathon/10K Trail Running Race
- Jun 23 [12w, 4d]: N - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships
- Jun 24 [12w, 5d]:
EX2 - Blue Crab Bolt 5K/10K Trail Running Series (R1) Seneca Creek
- Jul 8 [14w, 5d]: Y - DVOA French Creek State Park North Rogaine!!
- Jul 9 [14w, 6d]:
EX2 - XTERRA EX2 Off-Road Triathlon/Duathlon Rocky Gap
- Jul 29 [17w, 5d]:
Canadian events?? http://www.coc2017.ca/
- Aug 13 [19w, 6d]:
EX2 - Fountainhead Trail Tri (Paddle, MTB, Trail Run)
- Aug 26 [21w, 5d]:
EX2 - Blue Crab Bolt 5K/10K Trail Running Series (R3) Little Bennett
- Aug 26 [21w, 5d]: Y - 2017 Corn Maze Champs
- Sep 16 [24w, 5d]: Y - Falls Classic - Letchworth State Park Cabin secured
- Sep 17 [24w, 6d]:
EX2 - Fall Backyard Burn Trail Running Series (R1) Pohick Bay
- Oct 1 [26w, 6d]:
EX2 - Hemlock Half Marathon/10K Trail Running Race
- Oct 8 [27w, 6d]: ? - SVO Susquehanna Stumble XIX
- Oct 14 [28w, 5d]: Y - UNO Boulder Dash KOA again. Hope to compete myself this time.
- Oct 15 [28w, 6d]:
EX2 - Fall Backyard Burn Trail Running Series (R2) Lake Fairfax
- Oct 29 [30w, 6d]:
EX2 - Fall Backyard Burn Trail Running Series (R3) Riverbend
- Nov 4 [31w, 5d]:
EX2 - Schaeffer Half Marathon/10K Trail Running Race
- Nov 4 [31w, 5d]: Y - DVOA National Event
- Nov 11 [32w, 5d]: Y - QOC Quinquagenary @ Quantico National Meet
- Nov 19 [33w, 6d]:
EX2 - Fall Backyard Burn Trail Running Series (R4) Laurel Hill
- Nov 26 [34w, 6d]:
EX2 - Fall Backyard Burn Trail Running Series (R5) Fountainhead
- Sep 1, 2020 [179w, 1d]:
all weeks |