Training Log: Gswede
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Running||4|| 4:01:31|| 30.14||(8:01)|| 48.5||(4:59)|| 650|
| ||Orienteering||1|| 1:30:00|| 8.08||(11:08)|| 13.0||(6:55)|| 500||18c|
| ||Total||5|| 5:31:31|| 38.21||(8:41)|| 61.5||(5:23)|| 1150||18c|
Thanks to everyone who voted for me to select me as the 2016 US Orienteer of the Year. As always, your support motivates me enormously! I'm excited to continue training and competing hard with your support.
Running 55:00  11.5 km (4:47 / km) +300m 4:14 / km
Running 1:15:00  13.0 km (5:46 / km) +350m 5:05 / km
Mixed terrain and trail running.
Orienteering 1:30:00  *** 13.0 km (6:55 / km) +500m 5:48 / km
Cabeza Mediana Downhills
Watch strangely stopped working after the first interval. So no data.
Running 50:00  9.0 km (5:33 / km)
Running warm up/down 35:00  7.0 km (5:00 / km)
Running intervals 26:31  8.0 km (3:19 / km)
Well, my dad asked me a few months ago if I thought I was in better shape now than in college. I told him I wasn't sure but that I was certainly faster on trails and orienteering than back then, on track and roads I wasn't sure. This workout settled that debate.
The workout was 250 meters fast followed by 250 meters at a moderate pace. The fast section we did in 45 and the moderate in 55, coming out to 1:40 for every 500 meters and 3:20 for each k.
So, I set my 8k PR by 10 seconds while constantly speeding up and slowing down. It felt surprisingly easy and I probably could have kept it going for at least another 2k (setting my 10k PR in the process). We'll save that for the next time we do this workout.
A good spirit lifter before POM.
- Mar 3 [0w, 5d]: Y - Andalucia O Meeting
- Apr 13 [6w, 4d]: Y! - CAMPEONATO DE ESPAÑA DE ORIENTACIÓN-CEO 2017
- Apr 28 [8w, 5d]: ? - USA & Canada - WOC/JWOC Team Trials
- Jun 30 [17w, 5d]: Y!! - WOC 2017
- Oct 14 [32w, 6d]: Y - UNO Boulder Dash
- Nov 4 [35w, 6d]: Y - DVOA National Event Day 1
- Nov 5 [36w, 0d]: Y - DVOA Mount Penn - Antietam
- Nov 11 [36w, 6d]: Y - QOC Quinquagenary @ Quantico National Meet
- Dec 7, 2050 [1,762w, 3d]:
all weeks |