Training Log: Dooby
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Orienteering||3|| 3:30:53|| 14.25||(14:48)|| 22.94||(9:12)|| 1097||43c|
| ||Trails||1|| 18:25|| 1.33||(13:49)|| 2.14||(8:35)|| 141|
| ||Grass||1|| 9:35|| 0.63||(15:06)|| 1.02||(9:23)|| 16|
| ||Total||5|| 3:58:53|| 16.22||(14:44)|| 26.1||(9:09)|| 1254||43c|
Front part of left foot swollen and looks like some bruising around the toe. Despite that the foot doesn't feel that bad and I can curl my toes, so will ignore it.
After thinking about my training during Anton's talk on Saturday there is a lack of intensity at the moment. I'm going to try and have some intensity in my weeks going forward but for the moment that'll be on the bike as opposed to running. Don't trust my calves to handle speed on my feet.
And due to circumstances this week i'll try for either the Thursday or Saturday sessions for that intensity. That also will allow the body to recover after what was a tough weekend of training.
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Bike
Wednesday - Run
Thursday - Bike
Friday - Run
Saturday - Bike
Sunday - Orienteering (but mainly a run based on location)
Trails warm up/down 18:25  2.14 km (8:35 / km) +141m 6:28 / km
ahr:138 max:149 shoes: Inov8 X-Talon (Yellow)
Up the hill to the start.
Orienteering race 42:11  *** 6.13 km (6:53 / km) +216m 5:51 / km
ahr:174 max:183 16c shoes: Inov8 X-Talon (Yellow)
Grass warm up/down 9:35  1.02 km (9:23 / km) +16m 8:42 / km
ahr:134 max:172 shoes: Inov8 X-Talon (Yellow)
Wrecked. Damn glad I’m skipping the afternoon.
Foot sore but mainly tired.
Home not long after 5. Planned on a 2 stopper until I got a text to say we needed milk and fuel light came on so was a 3 stopper in the end. But a quick spin home.
Left foot is swollen and big toe looks a bit bruised. Can feel the foot is sore alright but toe feels ok. Not worried about it though.
Orienteering 46:22  4.59 km (10:06 / km) +237m 8:02 / km
ahr:161 max:179 shoes: VJ Falcons ?
Orienteering 2:02:20  *** 12.21 km (10:01 / km) +644m 7:56 / km
ahr:166 max:184 27c shoes: VJ Falcons ?
Another day off training!
Could have got something done when I got home but was expecting to give a bath beforehand but the chap for the bath came home late, so no training.
At least I want to train but seem to be missing a few more days than i'd like at the moment. Rest for my achilles I suppose...
Was off work as planned to be around at home but didn't feel great, cold that has been lingering felt a bit worse and also felt tired. So didn't bother with doing something.
- Nov 18 [0w, 5d]: ? - Kingdom League, Muckross Abbey
- Dec 9 [3w, 5d]: Y - Urban Sprint, Killarney
- Dec 16 [4w, 5d]: N - Munster League, Kilworth Camp
- Dec 27 [6w, 2d]: Y - Christmas Family Fun Event, Fota House + Gardens
- Jan 20, 2019 [9w, 5d]: Y - Munster League, Blue Pool - Muckross
- Feb 10, 2019 [12w, 5d]: ? - Kingdom League, Glanageenty
- Feb 24, 2019 [14w, 5d]: ? - Southeast Urban Series, Clonmel
- Mar 3, 2019 [15w, 5d]: Y - Kingdom League, Upper Torc - Muckross
- Mar 10, 2019 [16w, 5d]: ? - Munster League, Melleray
- Apr 28, 2019 [23w, 5d]: Y - Kingdom League, Ross Castle + Island
- May 4, 2019 [24w, 4d]: Y!! - Irish Orienteering Championships, [TBC]
- May 19, 2019 [26w, 5d]: ? - Munster League, Coumshingaun
- May 26, 2019 [27w, 5d]: Y - Munster League, Rossbeigh Sand Dunes
- Aug 13, 2019 [39w, 0d]: ? - WOC 2019 - Norway
all weeks |