Register | Login
Attackpoint - performance and training tools for orienteering athletes

Training Log Archive: jack_wright

In the 7 days ending Aug 11:

activity # timemileskm+m
  Running5 15:13:28 57.61(15:51) 92.71(9:51) 5857
  Total5 15:13:28 57.61(15:51) 92.71(9:51) 5857

» now

Sunday Aug 11 #

4 PM

Running 55:28 [3] 10.45 km (5:18 / km) +355m 4:32 / km

10x1min hills on the road after work. First session in months - enjoyed it.

Saturday Aug 10 #

11 AM

Running 1:05:40 [2] 9.2 km (7:08 / km) +304m 6:08 / km

Hampsfell and Eggerslack woods with Al. Legs stiff and heavy to start but felt good towards the end.

Wednesday Aug 7 #

10 AM

Running 4:42:13 [2] 26.16 km (10:47 / km) +2000m 7:48 / km

100 mile week and 11,000+ climb. What a week!

Tuesday Aug 6 #

11 AM

Running 3:20:15 [2] 16.0 km (12:31 / km) +1293m 8:55 / km

Monday Aug 5 #

12 PM

Running 5:09:52 [2] 30.9 km (10:02 / km) +1905m 7:40 / km

Left Chris and Matt at the lago after they had succumbed to injuries/fatigue and me and mills set off on a brute of a climb from 1300m up to 2800m to get our first summit of the trip. Passed on the opportunity of filling up our bottles at the lago as it was busy and there had been streams a plenty on every other run so thought we’d wait. Sadly we seemed to have been transported into the Sahara desert and lagos, streams and rivers were all dry.

3 and a half hours of ‘oh, is that a stream? - ahh, no’ incurred and so we endured severe dry mouth and wobbly legs in scorching heat. In between we summitted Croda del Becco (2810); avoided the black wall of thunder death; enjoyed the world’s most juiciest and satisfying peach; and saw ibex rutting.

This was very very cool - we were in a valley made up solely of scree, boulders and massive crags which was completely silent apart from the occasional clang of antlers (horns?) from the ibex. They were massive and if we hadn’t been so dehydrated we would’ve watched them all afternoon. We tried to scare them off the path but they were testosteroned up and made this loud hissing noise at us so for fear of being antlered (horned?) we scrambled round. This was a bit sketchy but once back on the path we had a long scree run to enjoy. As we got down a bit lower I saw a twinkle in what for the last 3 and half hours had been dry stream after dry stream. I looked again and let out a fairly unplanned and massively girly scream. Water! We gorged bottle after bottle and then hobbled down the path back to the car both feeling sick and podgy.

Good times.

« Earlier | Later »