Bike (gravel and paved) 7:50:35  100.6 mi (12.8 mph) +6111ft
ahr:126 max:157 shoes: Niner Air 9
Took the day off work to get a much-needed long ride in that would not have been possible this weekend. Wow, what a day, really lucked out on the weather. Mapped out a route within and surrounding Cuivre River S.P:
- Parked @ visitor center; a good re-supply location
- Lincoln Hills Rd.
- Park Rd., Dodson O&B, Walker, hwy KK to Jacks
- Jacks, hwy V, O'Brien, Windy Hill, Barrett, back to S.P
- campground loop, Hardy, Thornhill Cemetery, Stone Shelter O&B
- Frenchman Bluff, Cheatham to Old hwy 61, back to car
Basically did everything 2x. I took the niner to see how comfortable it would be after 100 mi. VERY comfy. Going to be tough to choose between it and the gravel bike for SH. The niner is actually a touch lighter and I've always preferred flat bars for comfort/control.
Estimating 70% gravel on this route, rest chip and seal or asphalt. Decent amount of climbing.The northern farm roads were wonderful - scenic horse/cattle country and wide open views. Also some fresh gravel to keep things challenging. Not a single car passed me in the first 60 mi. My kind of route! 20-30 min. of breaks (not on clock). Felt pretty darn good!