My expensive bike pump stopped pumping more than 20psi 2 or 3 months ago. My simple checks made me believe I had stressed the connector on the pump end of the hose. After extensive procrastination, I looked to see if I could order a new one and found I couldn’t.
I sent a note to Silca explaining my problem and asking if I could buy a new hose. The offered to send one under warranty, without any concern for the age of the pump. While they were getting back to me, I swapped hoses and found both hoses worked on one pump, but not on the other. I did a complete disassembly on the broken pump and decided the problem was actually the gauge - and suspected that something bounced on it when we exploded two tires on the SUV last October.
So....I replied to the Silca email telling them my diagnostic process and the agreed the gauge was probably the problem and they were sending out a new one. Just the guage is a $65 part. The gauge came today, complete with the tools to mount it. 10 minutes later I could pump 160 psi again.