Orienteering race 1:04:33  8.79 km (7:21 / km)
shoes: X-Talon 212 2020
Plan was to really savour each control as it would likely be the last proper orienteering for a while.
1. A bit hesitant, knew someone would be 1min down and the reentrant was quite vauge. Control lower than expected
Going pretty well, ran with 2 Stags for a bit which was great. Really felt like I was going nicely.
6. + 15s milling around a bit in the ditches and bracken. Probably should've use the ride/open as an attackpoint
10. Lost 1:09. Drifted a bit right and got confused by the open areas (thought it was a path ahead) and slightly offput by the proximity of the car park. Tried to relocate quickly
12. Probably should've gone for path route. Went direct and it was a bit rough. Then just couldn't find the control (at least 11 mins searching), potentially needed a bit attackpoint and plan going in. Then I relocated and attacked 4 more times in different ways. Ended up giving up. The only angle I didn't attack from I could've found it...
16. Poor route choice +1:27, should've stuck to path and execution. I decided to cut the corner and ended up in massive tussocks and decided going straight was the best.
F. Lost 2:50. Got dragged round the control site and then didn't take a bearing out to the path. Got to a ride and thought it was mapped weirdly but again didn't use the compass. Just lost concenttratiom and was thinking of the end.