Partly cloudy 22℃.
NZC 1, Houtdorperveld, 7.8km (5'31"/km).
Technically a good race, although the course was really easy. Still missing some sharpness in the navigation I noticed, especially around the trickier bits where I don't really have a structured plan. Physically dying after control 5, but I wasn't the only one I believe... Had lots of fun today, it's still an amazing feeling to run full speed and be in control of the navigation.
2) Didn't quite understand the map here, so ran a bit too far. +15".
3) Hadn't seen the junction of the open areas, and realised a few seconds late that I should be more north. +5".
4) I loved this leg, still feeling fresh and running fast, on the edge of losing control but just keeping ahead of the navigation :)
7) Drifted a bit unintentionally, but by doing so I was able to follow the trail going south for a bit.
10) Detoured on purpose, was tired and didn't see the point in going straight.
12) Felt sloppy, but execution looks good on GPS.
13) Felled areas were a bit confusing and slow, had to relocate off the big open hill just west of the circle. +5".
14) Probably not the fastest route. Faster would be avoiding the felled areas. +10".
17) Straight would've been faster if I'd dared to try it.
18) Nearly lost control, being sloppy on the last part. Took a guess and then spotted the control.
19) North route was faster I think. +5".