Good technical run.
Then I got caught by Kratov and his followers near no18. Fun to watch how he orienteered. I was able to follow and understand what is coming next the orienteering. I sat behind and takes some "short cuts" or smoother lines to stay close but clearly not able to be in front.
At first I was pretty please with my race but then saw myself well down on the results and well behind people I expected to be closer too. So was a little disappointed but these are the notes I made in my analysis ...
"- I performed pretty well.
- Not far off some of my best performances last year.
- Probably comparing myself to different athletes now (better athletes).
- Didn't really prepare enough for this nor technically correct for this race/terrain.
- Not one of my goal races ("training race") but good opportunity to learn and develop.
- Got some confidence in my orienteering too.
- It was really fun! Found myself smiling and laughing while running. Great to spectate Kratov while still competing"
So getting over that disappointment quickly!