map hiking3:27:54 6.36 mi (32:41 / mi) +180m30:03 / mi ahr:108 max:136
Putting out controls for tomorrow.
All sorts of issues: The bathrooms near where we had planned to park are closed for the winter. We decided to move the start/finish - the maps were printed two weeks ago so Lena is just going to draw a new start/finish on the maps. Not ideal, but we thought people would appreciate being close to heated bathrooms.
They are doing work near the dam at one end of the lake. Going around that end of the lake is a huge part of doing a set of beginner controls and I expect most advanced runners will go there as well Luckily they said it would be okay if people used the bridge and stairway, they just need to be careful going around and across some equipment
One of the streams that was two or three feet of less than an inch of water is now 10 feet of knee deep water. Again, the beginner loop was crossing there. There is a bridge across the stream not too far away - I wish I had though to put the control there and not where it is.
Oh well. And one control site has had the streamers removed twice. The first streamer I put out a month or so ago was gone when I was putting out stakes last weekend and the streamer and the stake were gone today. Hopefully the control will still be there tomorrow.