Row 31:04  5.17 km (6:01 / km)
Met Jim Dietz at the UMass trailer at 0930 and got the boat ready (midwt Fluid). I tried putting on more tacky grips but they weren't going on easy and I didn't want to force it. So, I'm stuck with the green grips. Later I went to Home Depot to get some sandpaper; I'll roughen them up tomorrow.
Dodged the traffic on the way to the basin. Got passed by Mahe Drysdale and Olof Tufte rowing in a 2x. The coxswain of 8+ from Eaton (London) kept trying to run me over.
Very muggy so that 70F felt warm and I was sweating a bunch.
Row 26:06  5.11 km (5:06 / km) +6m 5:05 / km
Start to finish. Easy pace but good pressure. Put in P10s at the km marks.
* Pointy building next to tall shiny building is a good reference steering through BU bridge.
* Follow the blue buoys.
* Ease away a Riverside BH just holding a straight line through Western Ave and River Str.
* Start turning under Weeks. Takes 8 strokes.
* 5 strokes out of Harvard street. Let the buoys come to me. No rush.
* Around the bend, 1, 2, 3, steer, 1, 2, 3 steer... until approaching Cambridge then more steering.
* LIne up on the concrete thing through Elliot and by Windsor.
* Loosely hug the trees but not too close.
* Stay straight as the shore pulls back to Greenough Blvd.
* 20 strokes along the sidewalk.