1. High-knees- drive knees up quickly and focus on good form and arm movement.
2. Butt-kickers- Run like normal but kick butt with heel.
3. Power skips- Skip high into the air. Drive knee and opposite arm up in a controlled manner. Focus on going up not far.
4. "Horse trot"- basically doing a hurdle without the hurdle. Bring your leg straight up while running slowly and then snap it down
5. Bounding- Run with long deep steps.
6. High kicks- while running, kick leg up rhythmically. you can also do this with out running.
7. Side steps- skip sideways, dont let heels touch. You can also alternate by turning around every two skips.
8. Quick skips- skip forward really quickly and focus on body mechanics. Stay controled. This will help with quick twitch muscles.
9. One leg hops-Hop on one leg. This will help with power and balance and strengthen your legs and hips.
10. Reverse running- run backwards but kick your leg back each step. Dont take little steps, dont shuffle.
11. Cariocas - run sideways.
12. Box jumps- Jump onto different height boxes of platforms in a controlled way to help with balance and strength.
13. Depth jumps- get in an elevated platforn and hop down to the floor, and when you touch the floor, explode as high as you can upward. This helps with power and explosive speed.
14. Sprinter lunges- Like regular lunges but instead when you come up, drive your knee up. have your arms in the position you would have if you were actually sprinting.
15. Quick high knees- like regular high knees but without driving the knees so high. do these really fast to work on twitch muscles and being able to leave the ground fast.