OUSA Board Meeting
- Elected officers; the entire Executive Committee is returning. Clare is President, Ellen is Secretary, Jon is VP Competition, Tori is VP Youth Development, Joseph is VP Clubs, and I am VP Finance.
- Authorized a second signatory for our bank account, the OUSA Administrator/Director of Membership. The President and Administrator are then our signatories, and the VP Finance has oversight responsibility.
- We discussed the event calendar for 2021 in the context of COVID. We noted that there are three levels of event sanctioning - OUSA championship, OUSA sanctioned NRE, and unsanctioned event. OUSA has no authority over what local clubs do (though I suppose we could revoke a charter or something, but we don't really know what clubs are doing). We will revisit the sanctioning situation for spring events (OCIN, COC) in December to provide a 90-day advance notice on whether sanctioning is realistic. Ultimately, even if the Board decides to sanction an event, we might have to revoke sanctioning if the pandemic situation worsens between now and the event. I also proposed clarifying what our expectations will be for participants - ability to get a refund in the event of cancellation, social distancing policies, masks in event arenas, etc. Joseph Huberman, VP Clubs, is working on this.
- Next official board meeting is scheduled for December 14. At present, the Board is collecting budget requests and defining our priorities for 2021. The Finance Committee will then take the current financial state and projections about 2021 income to put a budget proposal together in November. My deadline for sending the budget proposal to the membership is November 30.
- We discussed implementation of the bylaws and notifications for members. It's all fairly mundane and will be handled by committee.
As an aside, I worked on a communications proposal for OUSA going forward. Highlights include writing an annual report, monthly topical videoconferences, a more active youtube and social media presence, and assembling marketing materials and templates for clubs.