I think this was going to come regardless, but it was still stupid to ignore and train through as I did over the weekend/Monday. Legs have been explosive and ready to race the whole time, but not sure what my lungs would think of it. It's now between racing JEC and being ill for longer against resting up and missing out on a home-turf international. 2 more days to decide anyway...
Road warm up/down 7:22  1.72 km (4:17 / km) +2m4:16 / km shoes: Asics 33-DFA
Reset my watch for some reason...
Road tempo 37:32 10.2 km (3:41 / km) +31m3:38 / km shoes: Asics 33-DFA
Taper Tempos - 5, 10, 10, 5min [2:30]
Woke up at midnight, felt great. Woke up at 4am, felt a bit worse but still better than yesterday. Then woke up at 7 with a god awful migraine. Had breakfast to feel a bit better and manned myself up to do the session as planned - cold is still above the neck and no cough so no reason not to. Layered up and headed to the canal.
5mins were both steady, first because I wanted to ease into the session and final one because I had destroyed myself after the second 10 and not allowed a long enough recovery. First 10 was very comfortable until the last few mins, could hardly believe the pace that my comfort zone could handle. Set a target of 3km for the second 10mins, which made the second half a bit unenjoyable. Still happy to say the cold still has yet to hit the legs and my September peak continues. JEC could be fun if this shape holds on for a couple more days and I remember how to orienteer... If not then I will most likely crash and be off training for 2 years.