Register | Login
Attackpoint - performance and training tools for orienteering athletes

Training Log Archive: bl

In the 7 days ending Mar 30:

activity # timemileskm+m
  Walk-jog1 1:25:48 3.85(22:17) 6.2(13:51) 124
  Orienteering1 55:00 1.2(45:50) 1.93(28:29)
  Cardio1 40:00
  Total3 3:00:48 5.05 8.13 124

«»
1:25
0:00
» now
SuMoTuWeThFrSa

Saturday Mar 30 #

Note

Lovely walk with Beth, Pete, Mel and Dylan & Juliet in Nottingcook. Parked in the Arena and went up to Norwegian Ridge thru open pines. Fine spring day and outing.

Entered West Point, first A meet since 2017.
Broke out Purple Pen from the pronounced-DOA (by the Apple store a yr. ago) MacBook Pro & made a simple Bear Brook course which printed flawlessly from the MBP to a printer that I’m not sure was even in the house last time I printed anything from PP. Spent time with Dylan showing him OOM and PP, challenging him to make a map of his neighborhood.

Friday Mar 29 #

Orienteering 55:00 [1] 1.2 mi (45:50 / mi)

Map walk at Exeter TF around 4:30. Light rain at times, warm, woods clear of snow. Tough terrain, no surprise. Hard to get boulders right there. The slower one goes, the more one notices... 310 won't spit me out a gpx file.

After, drove to Pease AFB to pick Beth up. She walked out as I drove in to the terminal. Went back on Rte. 4 which is really pretty, esp. east of Durham. Amazing sunset with mist on marshes, ponds, lakes.

Thursday Mar 28 #

2 PM

Walk-jog 1:25:48 intensity: (20:00 @1) + (40:00 @2) + (25:48 @3) 3.85 mi (22:17 / mi) +124m 20:16 / mi

Concord quarries behind the state prison. Got the idea yesterday at Concord GI viewing them from their 4th floor office. Was there years ago in summer. Fine spring day today. Parked off Little Pond Rd. Followed old powerline cut and then old SVT to early quarries where kids swim and paint the rocks as in vandalism. Went on to Swenson Quarry. Too bad I couldn’t see in but it was too much on the far side to do so. Much open wood, near bare ground at first, moderate snow after first quarries. Stopped at air traffic controller site on way back - more good views, not much trespassing.

Old quarry, Vandals,
NH on the chopping block


Sunday Mar 24 #

Cardio 40:00 [3]

BHS track, was a bit surprised to see that it was still covered 40%. Made do with the other 60%, 100m "sprints", 50m walk at either end. Goal was to be OOB, ie, get the HR up. Time for HRM to help objectify.

« Earlier | Later »