Total time for the course was 123mins54 seconds however this includes the number 6 problem. In the race resultes number 6 was taken from the race, rightly so as it was not in the correct place or even near the correct feature. Heres my breakdown of legs.
1) Control 1 was fine, took it easy enough and counted off my crags and boulders, had good visualisation of the control feature and when i got there then saw the control.
2) Here i made a bit of a mistake. The majority of the leg was pretty good route excecution but got to the crag and thought i was too far so went back to the craggy spur nearly and re-attacked and found it.When i got to the crag first i thought i was on the one too low, in fact i was too high. Probably lost around 2 minutes here. Rob caught me, but i put the head down and lost him again
3) Number 3 i was to far to the west of the control.
4) easy downhill control, no mistake
5) the long leg. Decided to drop down and lose my height to get the the big sandy mound, and went up the re-entrant. Continued alond the line of crags and then up the marsh to spike number 5. Was only 14seconds behind Colm on this leg and took nearly the same route which is a good sign.
6) out of 5 and continued along the marsh, Past the big crag and obvious single boulder in the marsh, then around the triple crags and straight up to the control site with no problems, only to discover no control. Garmin shows a loss of 40 minutes at this control. Colm and McCloy turned up at 6 aswell along with arond 5 others so there was a bit of a train starting.
7) Got the head back and refocused on the task at hand a spiked 7 easy even though it was on the wrong crag.
8) ran to the wrong boulder, lost around 50 seconds
9) was to high for this control and hit the crags above and dropped down. lost 30secs
10) Spiked, ran along the line of crags and strainght in.
11) Saw colm and mccloy tearing off in front so tried to catch up only to discover we completely missed number 11, around 3 minutes lost.
12) the cruel up hill leg, but no problems spiked it
13) Longish leg, counted off my crags, saw colm drifting a bit but stayed on my line and went straight into the kite.
14) Was a tiny bit high at the re-entrant but spotted the top of the cane for the kite so went staright into it, maybe 30 seconds lost
15) took the middle route between all the crags, ended up a bit high and lost around 40 seconds here
16) easy leg no problems
17) easy leg again, could see the feature from a good way off and the control from a bit closer
18) Massive boulder that was easy to see so no problem here
19) Went low to avoid the heather, ran to the sandy mound and building and climbed up to it, colm and mccloy were coming down as i was climbing up to it
20) ran the track becaue the body was sore but spiked the control.
21) straight on a bearing and a spike again.
22) Easy control
Run was om but nothing to write home about. Maybe lost around 7 minutes on mistakes. No control descriptions available at the start boxes?! apparently you had to get them at the regestration, was not running back to get them so had to use them on map. Map scale was hard to get used to, havent run 1:75 in ages. Colm won the title in 72.41, then John McCloy was 78.02 and i was third in 80.01 but i was in 2nd place after control number 5 so who knows how it wouldve played out. Good day out except for the lack of descriptions and control number 6 which drained the body of 40 minutes of energy for me, 1.6km of searching! and control 7 aswell