Visited Valerie Brill @ Excel PT (high recommended, if your'e ever in need), regarding my recent foot/ankle issues, and came up with a short & long term plan.
1) L-ankle - dorsi & plantar flexion - stretch-only - up to 2x/day, 20e good pulls up and down w/hand.
2) ART (DT) the peroneal tendon foot-attachment point (outer edge)
2a) Evert, hard press, then invert & repeat
2b) Just DT massage it
2c) Higher up along the outside of calf too
3) Strengthen R by doing plantar-flexed eversions w/ankle band
3*) Make await more settling of the flare up before doing this too aggressively
- Stand on one foot more often, on a pillow or something semi-unstable too. E.g. while working at my standing desk (that I typically sit at)
- Figure 8's on flat ground are fine too while running - big and small - as we'll as zig-zag running - e.g. around cones or whatever I can imagine similarly.