Orienteering race (SoSOL Gullane) 1:28:18  *** 8.15 km (10:50 / km) +220m 9:33 / km
spiked:22/28c shoes: INOV8
Overall navigation not too bad and a very enjoyable course. Although, leaving control 19 I started to feel my legs deciding they had had enough running which was aggrevated by any soft sand I ran on with my ankles not too happy.
1. What a disaster! Was sure I knew what was going on, ran off down the narrow track and somehow I confused myself and ran along the track past 1 to the right thinking I was at the main track that comes down from the start. Such a simple leg... 5minutes 50!!!!!
3. A bit of hovering around about 50metres down from the control.
8. My memory of 8 is sketchy but I think it was this control I was hovering on top of the hill knowing I was in the right place but couldnt see any control down there. Checked out the dip to the left before realising the control was behind a tree (if memory serves)
11. Little unconfident running here, cut straight across. Found the control alright though.
17. Bit of a mess. About 100metres north east hunting around before realising I hadn't gone far enough. Then once in the area I was hovering up the hill- control was at the bottom in the reentrant/depression.