Orienteering 1:38:54  6.7 km (14:46 / km) +190m 12:56 / km
O in the Pines - Long event
1. Trail to it.
2. Trail to just before the stream and in.
3. Tried to go straight, but veered off left, eventually went south on trail to junction SW of control where I saw Peter Goodwin coming right at me as I hit the junction. Not bad from there, but...
4. More or less straight, but taking advantage of the trails when I could.
5. Drifted right and hit the trail on top of the spur; took the spur down to the control.
6. More or less straight - punched with Peter and Tom Strat
7. Took the trail past #4 and ultimately hit the major trail that runs N of #2. Took a while to relocate on that trail. Watched Phil Bricker take a very long relocate (down to #1) as I took the small trail to the top of the hill and then down to the stream and up to the crest just S of the control.
8. Took trail S (past #1) and then E and attacked from the SE.
9. Doubled back and then took trail N; as I looked to turn in, there was a crowd entering and exiting the control, so...
10. Back to trail and S to near the control. Caught Sharon C. at the control.
11. Trail to bend and in.
12. Meant to bail to road immediately, but got pulled down nice trail to a mess of barbed wire near the enclosed tree plantation. Phil had caught me again and we both bailed to the road; he went north of the pond, but I took the driveway in and spiked it.
13. Barbed wire handrail right to control; Phil caught me again.
14. Bail to road and in to control behind Phil.
16. Quick water stop "off the clock".
17. Chased Phil up hill and into control.
18. Contoured around and nearly caught Phil when he almost overshot the control.
19. Crash down hill and head in...