Register | Login
Attackpoint - performance and training tools for orienteering athletes

Training Log Archive: kissy

In the 7 days ending Mar 30:

activity # timemileskm+m
  Mt. Biking1 2:17:39 11.4(5.0/h) 18.35(8.0/h) 218
  Running2 1:30:33 6.63(13:39) 10.67(8:29) 114
  Orienteering1 1:15:19 3.36(22:27) 5.4(13:57) 146
  Total4 5:03:31 21.39(14:12) 34.42(8:49) 477

» now

Saturday Mar 30 #

10 AM

Mt. Biking race (orienteering) 2:17:39 [3] 11.4 mi (5.0 mph) +218m

I was going to do both the mtbo and the foot o at QOC's event today, but after the 15.5 km bike course, I was dead. I seriously bonked on the way to #8. I guess this wasn't a great first ride of the season. I should have just done the short course. Lesson learned.

I did have so much fun, though. I made a few navigational errors, mainly because it was difficult to see all of the trails, especially when I was "zooming" past them.

Thursday Mar 28 #

6 PM

Running 51:43 [3] 3.76 mi (13:45 / mi) +69m 13:01 / mi

Mom and Don were down last night, so I missed my running group session. I did the workout tonight instead. It was a beautiful evening and there were loads of people on the trail. I'm glad I got out.

Monday Mar 25 #


This is what happens when you live in the woods and there's a dead possum behind your house. There were a few of these hanging out on the deck. My cats were freaking out.

6 PM

Running 38:50 [3] 2.87 mi (13:32 / mi) +45m 12:55 / mi

Session with my running group. 4 x 800m. I failed in the sense that my first one was the fastest and my last one was the slowest. I have to work on doing the opposite. But I'm happy with how I felt.


Sunday Mar 24 #

11 AM

Orienteering 1:15:19 [3] 5.4 km (13:57 / km) +146m 12:17 / km

I have missed quite a few QOC events this winter for one reason or another, but I was able to make this one. I arrived early in hopes of getting back home around 2:00 since Mom and Don were arriving at my house around 4:00 and I would still have to take shower and get ready to take Mom out for her birthday dinner. I ended up making it back home around 3:00, but that was more a function of too much chatting in the parking lot before I headed out on the course.

Everything on the course went fine. I drifted a little too far to the right on my way to #6 and ended up going through a few more reentrants than planned. Other than that, the navigation was very good. The running was also not bad, except for a journey through the field on the way to #5. It was wide open with small saplings that had been planted, and I was aiming for an old-growth tree that was on the map. I guess I was focusing so much on the tree that I didn't see the remnants of older saplings that had been cut down, leaving about 3" tall stumps that were maybe an inch across (i.e., difficult to see). I must have gone down about 4-5 times while crossing that stupid field. On the last one, I got up and yelled, "Oh come on!!"

Then I hightailed it home to get ready for dinner. We (me, Marit and Karin and their husbands) took Mom and Don out for a Norway-themed dinner at the Restaurant at Patowmack Farm. The restaurant is in the greenhouse of this farm and had a beautiful view of the Potomac River and Point of Rocks. Luckily, the restaurant did its own interpretation of some of the dishes, something we were especially glad for when it came to the lutefisk! Most importantly, Mom loved it!

« Earlier | Later »