Register | Login
Attackpoint - performance and training tools for orienteering athletes

Training Log Archive: kissy

In the 7 days ending Apr 13:

activity # timemileskm+m
  Running2 1:10:16 2.5 4.02 20
  Strength Training1 1:00:00
  Orienteering1 46:07 2.44(18:54) 3.93(11:45) 16
  Core Conditioning2 30:00
  Total6 3:26:23 4.94 7.95 36

«»
1:00
0:00
» now
SuMoTuWeThFrSa

Saturday Apr 13 #

10 AM

Orienteering 46:07 [3] 3.93 km (11:45 / km) +16m 11:30 / km

Jr. Nationals Day 1.

I navigated very cleanly today. Aimed off on some of the point controls so I'd know which way to turn. Everything on the map just seemed to click. Felt like I was slowing down at the end, mainly due to the heat. Not used to that yet.

So happy to take the top spot on Brown! Just what I needed for a little morale boost. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Wednesday Apr 10 #

Running 32:16 [3] 2.5 mi (12:54 / mi) +20m 12:36 / mi

With the running group.
8 PM

Core Conditioning 15:00 [3]

9 PM

Note

I went into orienteering mode on my way home from work. I saw an older couple in the parking garage, and they looked very confused. They kept walking up and down the rows, so, just like I do when I see bewildered young children out in the woods, I went up to them and asked, "Are you okay? Do you know where you are?"

It turns out they were completely lost. In the completely wrong garage...a parallel error. I set them straight and sent them on their way.

Monday Apr 8 #

Running 38:00 intensity: (20:00 @3) + (18:00 @4)

Running group. We ran a relay of 400m in a very convoluted fashion. In the end, we ran several legs, so it was kind of interval-ish.

It was the first warm, humid night with a light sprinkle.
8 PM

Core Conditioning 15:00 [3]

Sunday Apr 7 #

Strength Training 1:00:00 [3]

Another full day in the yard. More raking leaves and pulling weeds. Also, I decided that I don't want to look at english ivy every time I look out of my kitchen window. I'd rather look at phlox or vinca.

So, I put on long sleeves, long pants, boots and gloves, and started attacking the ivy. After cutting and clearing out most of the long vines, I was able to find the source plants and dig them out. It was a little difficult because of the steepness of the slope. I didn't get it all, but I'll keep working on it. I also know that it will take ongoing vigilance to keep pulling any new vines over time.

« Earlier | Later »