Yukon Orienteering Association is seeking a temporary, full-time coordinator to plan and deliver a suite of youth and adult orienteering training opportunities in Whitehorse, Yukon.
Time period: late- April to mid-June 2020 (approximately 8 weeks). Some flexibility for start and end dates.
Hours: Non-regular hours; day, evening and weekend work required based on scheduled clinics and activities: 35-45 hrs per week, fewer hours are possible if coordinator has other commitments.
Wage: $20-28/hr – based on skills and experience. Travel, room and board will be subsidized.
• Plan, coordinate and implement all aspects of weekly evening youth and adult training delivered in person and through videoconferencing training sessions.
• Plan, coordinate and implement all aspects of occasional novice, intermediate and advanced clinics.
• Using online and past resources, design 6-week program for Kids running wild (7-9 y. old), Yellow Squad (10-13 y. old), and Orange Squad (13+ y. old)
• Liaise with YOA to ensure skill development and progressions are consistent with LTAD and group abilities.
• Communicate with coaches to ensure goals of the training are being met.
• Support juniors who come to YOA regular Wednesday evening meets.
• Email participants/parents on a weekly basis and/or develop a blog to provide information.
• Log activities and provide feedback on successfulness/adjustments for future years.
• Implement other projects (depending on skills and interest) at the direction of YOA executive
• Applicant must be a Canadian resident or have a valid work permit to work in Canada.
• Must be a competent orienteer (coaching experience and qualifications an asset).
• Must be organized and have attention to detail.
• Must have or be willing to obtain basic first aid (YOA will cover training costs if needed) and a vulnerable sector check.
• Knowledge of course setting software to plan exercises and digital mapping skills are assets.
• Valid driver license is preferred.
To apply send an email with an expression of interest by March 12 to email@example.com.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org