Successful 110km week last week despite not seeing too much trail or vert. In good stead for cradle with this and a couple other >100k weeks, although not as many superlong runs as last year.
[Week -2] Around 70-80km this week, with a midweek longrun (Work->MosmanSSS->Home?). some stretching/mobilisation. more trail than not, which means longer commutes and less of them. Stay off the beer
[Week -1] Around 50-60km this week, some easy intervals and strides and a 20k longrun. not too sluggishly slow on the runs i do. No crosstraining, but some stretching/mobilisation. Off concrete where possible. Stay off the beer
[Week -0] Around 30km this week early in the week. Focus on eating from around Tuesday, and pack preparation, course familiarity and removing stress. As little concrete running as possible. Sleeping with earplugs etc. Stay off the beer
- Run slow enough to enjoy it as much as possible.
- Shoes - Probably Salomon xscream if dry, roclites if wet.
- Water 4 bottles (2.4L) and some salt tabs. Extra if they say its dry in the breifings. Would really like to have a better idea what to expect in terms of streams...
- Food some gels and bars, something muffiney, something salty. eating every 30 mins. (that means 20 eats)
- Timing i guess should be between 10-11 hours. meaining splits around 4h to Pelion, 6:35 to WindyRidge, 8:15 to Narcicuss. For 10H, 3:40, 6:10, 7:30 (which is prob Ondrej's splits)
- HR < 150 for that first hill. walk if i have to.